• TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Braces
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
Never had braces, although I'm sure I need them. But I don't have the money. If I ever get the money I'd like to try Invisalign, instead of going with the traditional metal braces. Invisalign costs more, I know, but its probably well worth it. The thought of wearing regular metal braces just doesn't appeal to me.  :D
Some problems, however, cannot be fixed with Invisalign, or even braces for that matter. I had to get a thing that corrected an overbite that I had. It was hell. :censored:

I don't have any major problems, at least that my dentist has ever told me about, so I don't see why Invisalign wouldn't be an option for me. And frankly, I'm not looking to correct anything other than the position of my teeth. I just want 'em straightened, and I know Invisalign can do THAT.  :P :biggrin:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »
I currently have braces until January 2009. They hurt for one week after any type of adjustment (wires, rubber bands, etc.). :noexpression:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »
Don't you mean January 2010?  :biggrin: That's still not that much longer from now.

Offline Squizz

• Lé Gasp! Lé Squizz!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
About a month ago, I went to my first orthodontist appointment. I do need braces. However, he postponed the installation (or whatever you would call it) until another appointment because I have one more tooth that I have lost, but it hasn't grown in yet. I have friends with them and I hear they suck. =(

Offline skaloveexx33

• View Profile
    • n/a
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »
I've never had braces,and I don't think I need them.I'm VERY happy about that.Pretty much all my friends have either had them or have them,and some say they really hurt and suck badly,and others say they hurt but they're not that bad..I thought a few years ago I was going to need them,because my teeth were very crooked and I had a lot of gaps on my top row.Throughout the last two years or so,they've really pushed together.I've had some dental work done though,including 2 pulled baby teeth,and I had a veneer put over one of my top teeth last summer because It was a "Peg Tooth",meaning it was really small and was basically a stick tooth.I was really self-consious about it,and my dentist originally wanted me to wait until my senior year of high school to get it fixed.I explained to her I didn't like it,and she let me get it done at only 13 years old.I had to have to clay molds done that you have to get done for retainers though.Gross!I hated that part.Plus when she put the tooth in for the first time,I had a hard time eating and it really hurt for a few days because it pushed my teeth around.But in the end,totally worth it.
Good luck to anyone who has to get braces though! I feel for you.
MD/VA

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 08:57:26 AM »
I had to use an expander (to widen the top part of my mouth, since my mouth was awkwardly shaped) back in the beginning of '07. It was not that big of a deal, but it was annoying. I had to have my parents turn a key that would force it out further and thus force my top teeth out a litte bit. I got my braces on 6/29/07. It was a bit long, and I was worried they would do something. I obviously came out okay, so don't worry   :thumbsup:
I had my braces all throughout the rest of 2007 and 2008. I finally got them off in February this year. Relaxing feeling!  :biggrin:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond