April 27, 2024, 11:20:06 AM

Author Topic: TWC presents: Whoops!  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
TWC presents: Whoops!
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:41:21 PM »
I was playing back my DVR's buffer earlier, and I noticed that on PM Edition at 4:10 CT, things went haywire. When they came back from break at that time, Master accidentally cued an Epic Conditions short instead of sourcing the control room feed. At this point, I'm sure the screaming commenced as folks behind the scenes tried to figure out how to proceed from there. They decided upon breaking us out of the Epic Conditions segment about forty seconds into it and doing a hard cut to the PM Edition feed. Apparently someone misinformed Kelly Cass as to when they were coming back on the air, because when we rejoined PME, she was already halfway through apologizing for the mixup. From there, Kelly tried to continue the planned radar update as usual, but shortly after 4:12, Master's automatic timing kicked in and cut off Kelly completely unexpectedly, and commercials started airing; you could tell that she got absolutely no warning that a break was coming; she was just going on with business when the break kicked in. Since the Epic Conditions segment was accidentally scheduled for before this segment instead of after it, the segment did not air. If they would have let things continue like this, the LF would have aired at 4:16, followed by a return to the national feed, but isn't what wound up happening...

At this point, the folks in the Master decided to make another surprise call; after only a minute and a half of commercials, they decided to break us out of the commercial and do the Weekly Planner at 4:14. Betty Davis quickly ran through the Weekly Planner for two minutes before they went back to break at 4:16. From here, they did the usual long commercial break with local inserts, followed by an LF at 4:20. When they returned at 4:22; they did the segments they had planned for after the Weekly Planner, and they went back to break at 4:25, allowing everything to return to normal from here.
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: TWC presents: Whoops!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »