April 28, 2024, 08:35:46 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1893193 times)

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #9345 on: October 13, 2014, 10:35:42 AM »
my tv guide shows reality programming starting at 2pm ET. Will TWC pre–empt long form today?
I wouldn't bet on it.

EDIT: However I just saw one of those commercials advertising "all day and all night" coverage of severe weather.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:36:02 PM by alex979 »

Offline NorEastorm

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #9346 on: October 13, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »
TWC is officially done and their credibility.  They can have their reality shows and AMHQ garbage. I stopped watching a long time ago but would tune in for the severe weather coverage like today.  Well today after 5 min I tuned out. The OCM had no idea the town the tornado warning was in but not even the state. And this has happened in the past but let it slide because I though well your mind is trying to get this info out and mistakes happen. Well I'm sorry but it is happening way too often. And it's about how people look on camera and not about the product. I can't even name these awful OCMs. I have to stop living in the past and realize TWC will never be the same and is a lost cause. But it's sad I can't watch what's going on in other parts of the country weather wise or severe weather. Locally I'll gune to my local news during a big storm.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #9347 on: October 13, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »
Yes TWC has been live since 12am and may be live through the overnight covering the storms.
WCL OCM shifts for all day coverage are usually 11am-3pm. 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm and of they stay live 11pm-3am. 3am-5am or 5:30am.
They are not using the storm mode graphics.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9348 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
TWC is officially done and their credibility.  They can have their reality shows and AMHQ garbage. I stopped watching a long time ago but would tune in for the severe weather coverage like today.  Well today after 5 min I tuned out. The OCM had no idea the town the tornado warning was in but not even the state. And this has happened in the past but let it slide because I though well your mind is trying to get this info out and mistakes happen. Well I'm sorry but it is happening way too often. And it's about how people look on camera and not about the product. I can't even name these awful OCMs. I have to stop living in the past and realize TWC will never be the same and is a lost cause. But it's sad I can't watch what's going on in other parts of the country weather wise or severe weather. Locally I'll gune to my local news during a big storm.

Hey, at least TWC is doing their job today and not being taken over by paid programming like another channel!

Back to TWC:  Who thought it was a good idea to give TWC the holiday off?  I was NOT happy when I saw the schedule this afternoon on my DISH Guide. Granted Severe Weather stepped in(Thank Goodness! No offense to the people in the storm zone. You shouldn't need bad weather in order to watch TWC.)

NOT happy with TWC and WN today!

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #9349 on: October 13, 2014, 11:25:59 PM »

Hey, at least TWC is doing their job today and not being taken over by paid programming like another channel!

Back to TWC:  Who thought it was a good idea to give TWC the holiday off?  I was NOT happy when I saw the schedule this afternoon on my DISH Guide. Granted Severe Weather stepped in(Thank Goodness! No offense to the people in the storm zone. You shouldn't need bad weather in order to watch TWC.)

NOT happy with TWC and WN today!

Yeah, why were they scheduled to have long form start at 2 PM ET like on weekends? Columbus day is hardly a major holiday.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9350 on: October 14, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »
Yes TWC has been live since 12am and may be live through the overnight covering the storms.
WCL OCM shifts for all day coverage are usually 11am-3pm. 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm and of they stay live 11pm-3am. 3am-5am or 5:30am.
They are not using the storm mode graphics.

So did TWC finally go live last night (assuming the 12 am you are referring to was 11 PM CDT Sun)?  I was quite upset to turn on TWC around 8:30 or 9 PM Sunday night to see long-form when numerous severe thunderstorm warnings were in effect across Texas and Oklahoma.  But then again, it's the southern Plains.  Had that been happening anywhere east of the Mississippi, especially the Northeast, they would have been in full-blown red mode. :hmm:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #9351 on: October 14, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
TWC is irrelevant when it comes to local severe weather coverage. If we had severe weather, that's when I have 6ABC Action News for. Being a national network, TWC can only cover so much

Offline boyercam

• Bringing The Weather Channel to the UK
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #9352 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »
TWC seem to be taking a good interest in Typhoon Hudhud, even forecasting it...
Oh well, it seems to be the only exciting weather event right now.

WxStar XL Web Emulator: http://cameronboyer.tk/wsxl/

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 427
  • SD Channel #: 06
« Reply #9353 on: October 14, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »
TWC seem to be taking a good interest in Typhoon Hudhud, even forecasting it...
Oh well, it seems to be the only exciting weather event right now.
Who knows? Maybe viewers may have family there, major weather is covered no matter where it is.

Offline boyercam

• Bringing The Weather Channel to the UK
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9354 on: October 15, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
I suppose so, It definitely the first non-us weather event I've seen TWC forecasting ;)

WxStar XL Web Emulator: http://cameronboyer.tk/wsxl/

Offline PAweatherman

• View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
TWC stopped caring about the viewers a long time ago and it's going to take a big change from management and co.To prove otherwise that they still care. Major weather is not always a priority with TWC believe me I know when several tornados were confirmed to have touched down hit in and around my area a couple of years ago the TWC never gave the coverage it deserved to us that it goes to the south or even sometimes the plains.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #9356 on: October 16, 2014, 03:39:02 AM »
So news is more important than a tornado warning? this happened yesterday on WUWA

Al Roker:" We're going to get to that tornado warning that's just west of Washington, DC but i want you to get quickly caught up with this morning's headlines"

I guess you think News headlines are more important than people's lives TWC

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: October 16, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »
So news is more important than a tornado warning? this happened yesterday on WUWA

Al Roker:" We're going to get to that tornado warning that's just west of Washington, DC but i want you to get quickly caught up with this morning's headlines"

That show is very complicated to produce. They have to make sure that the taped parts are taped properly, and if they despensed with the headlines there would have been a gap in playback.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #9358 on: October 17, 2014, 01:55:11 AM »

That show is very complicated to produce. They have to make sure that the taped parts are taped properly, and if they despensed with the headlines there would have been a gap in playback.

Dumping a taped segment is hardly a chore, having done it numerous times. You fill time on-air with the warning update, advice and analysis.

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »

Dumping a taped segment is hardly a chore, having done it numerous times. You fill time on-air with the warning update, advice and analysis.

The warning wouldnt have been relevent for the repeat of the taped show. But I see where you were coming from if the program were absolutely live.