May 02, 2024, 10:45:16 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1895259 times)

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #7950 on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
Day Planner 11am-3pm Vivian Brown and Carl Parker.
Weather Center Live 3pm Todd Santos and Alex Wallice.
If they are going to be live all day then I would expect Todd and Alex to be on to 7pm and Crystal and Chris on 7pm-11pm.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #7951 on: April 23, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the 10-11am program hour really shouldn't be branded as Wake Up With Al? Jen and Mike opened the show with Jim Cantore and Eric Fisher doing live reports. I just think it would be better branded as YWT, DP, or another show.

The whole point of that hour if I'm not mistaken is for West Coast viewers, it would make more sense to just have it shown at 10am only if they're that worried about getting west coast viewers. :rolleyes:

The aim is definitely West Coast viewers (myself and anyone west of me). However, why is it branded WUWA when Al wasn't even on once during the hour? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Offline WxFanMatt

• Sea Breeze < -182°F
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #7952 on: April 23, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »
The aim is definitely West Coast viewers (myself and anyone west of me). However, why is it branded WUWA when Al wasn't even on once during the hour? It just doesn't make sense to me.
I really find no point in even having the show if there's little live weather and especially if Al isn't even on. Might as well brand it as WUWS since Steph is really the only person who does the weather. Al just laughs and jokes and gets to spend time with celebrities and the rest of his NBC pals...

June 1, 2011: Never Forget (at least in my mind :) )

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #7953 on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:48 PM »
They should just do Steph and Mike at 7-9am and Maria and Jen from 9-11am.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #7954 on: April 23, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
Day Planner 11am-3pm Vivian Brown and Carl Parker.
Weather Center Live 3pm Todd Santos and Alex Wallice.
If they are going to be live all day then I would expect Todd and Alex to be on to 7pm and Crystal and Chris on 7pm-11pm.

They went to Long-Form at 8PM ET. Also, Chris Warren is on vacation for a few weeks according to his Facebook so Paul Goodloe and Crystal Egger did WCL.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #7955 on: April 26, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
Jim Cantore is reporting from Alabama, Dr. Forbes and Carl Parker must be off because Todd Santos is doing the severe weather forecasts for the 4pm ET WCL.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:50:11 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:56 AM »
Ryan Goswick solo at WCL 1AM ET.   :o

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #7957 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »
According to TWC's Facebook, the Emp State Building in NYC will be lit in all blue on May 2, in honor of the network's 30th anniversary.

I wonder what else is going to happen?   :thinking:   I hope it's not a marathon of long-form programming.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #7958 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
According to TWC's Facebook, the Emp State Building in NYC will be lit in all blue on May 2, in honor of the network's 30th anniversary.

I wonder what else is going to happen?   :thinking:   I hope it's not a marathon of long-form programming.
I would hope they would at least show some of the older footage from TWC like they did during the 25th anniversary.  It would be far better than any long-form marathon.  Of course, everything here ought to be weather pending in case an outbreak occurs.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: April 27, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

I would hope they would at least show some of the older footage from TWC like they did during the 25th anniversary.  It would be far better than any long-form marathon.  Of course, everything here ought to be weather pending in case an outbreak occurs.

Does TWC have celebrate every 5-year anniversary with a bang? :rolleyes:  I mean, 25 years is considered special because it is the "silver" anniversary.  IMO, they shouldn't have another big celebration until 50 years.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #7960 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »

Does TWC have celebrate every 5-year anniversary with a bang? :rolleyes:  I mean, 25 years is considered special because it is the "silver" anniversary.  IMO, they shouldn't have another big celebration until 50 years.

If the viewership and the ratings go down the toilet, maybe the network will cease to exist 25 years from now. Then there wouldn't be a 50th anniversary  :P
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #7961 on: April 27, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with celebrating every 10 years such as in this case the 30th, then 40th, then 50th, etc.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: April 27, 2012, 09:18:04 PM »
Here is what TWC Studios look like during Severe Weather Coverage with RED in the background.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=405454472805634&set=a.160448867306197.34186.152813984736352&type=1&theater

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: April 27, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »

They celebrated there 20th Anniversary in 2002 with a TV Special and a book.
They celebrated there 25th Anniversary in 2007 with another TV Special and some promos featuring old bloopers/

I don't know yet if TWC will have a special but they might run promos of the past.

Offline WxFanMatt

• Sea Breeze < -182°F
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #7964 on: April 28, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
Or they could just show us a sneak preview of Iron Men... :P

June 1, 2011: Never Forget (at least in my mind :) )