April 26, 2024, 07:20:40 PM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1891167 times)

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #9615 on: February 05, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
if it's indeed an account created by TWC just to let normal viewers know of any programming changes brought on by severe weather, then this would be a great use of Twitter to warn viewers of a programming change

also if it is a Weather Channel official account (and if so it will get "Verified" check symbol on it's twitter page), then the logo looking weird and not right could be a hint of an impending logo change.

the current logo is now 10 and a half years old as it debut in the August 2005 relaunch of TWC and been the logo since then despite minor changes which are logo color changes.

plus i would mind it being the "Updated 2016" logo as they were due up for it anyway.

I can guarantee that's not a logo change. It's a fan made account with a logo made with the Calibri font with what looks like MSPaint. That's not to say it's not a good service but TWC isn't behind it.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9616 on: February 05, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »
if it's indeed an account created by TWC just to let normal viewers know of any programming changes brought on by severe weather, then this would be a great use of Twitter to warn viewers of a programming change

also if it is a Weather Channel official account (and if so it will get "Verified" check symbol on it's twitter page), then the logo looking weird and not right could be a hint of an impending logo change.

the current logo is now 10 and a half years old as it debut in the August 2005 relaunch of TWC and been the logo since then despite minor changes which are logo color changes.

plus i would mind it being the "Updated 2016" logo as they were due up for it anyway.

I can guarantee that's not a logo change. It's a fan made account with a logo made with the Calibri font with what looks like MSPaint. That's not to say it's not a good service but TWC isn't behind it.
Do you know if a logo change is coming? Also when will TWC cut down the longform hours?

Offline willh699

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9617 on: March 08, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »
bumping this thread after a month of inactivity.

anyway, i just switched to DirecTV last week and i noticed on Tonight's listing for The Weather Channel shows that they will be doing live continuous coverage of the severe weather outbreak ongoing now in parts of the southern half of the country. yes, my state is affected, as we seen severals rounds of the storms that hit in the last 48 hours.

Offline willh699

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: N/A
« Reply #9618 on: March 11, 2016, 07:35:42 PM »
if you haven't been to the Local Forecast section today, then you haven't noticed the two threads about it

but, guess what returned to LOT8s for the first time in a long time.

it's Smooth Jazz. as much of a Rock and Metal music guy, but hearing Smooth Jazz on LOT8s just feels right and i hope this might be the end of the generic LOT8s Music that debut between Nov. 2013 to 2015.

i also hope when they go to red mode they bring back the iconic Storm Alert theme that debut in 2005.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
« Reply #9619 on: March 14, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »
if you haven't been to the Local Forecast section today, then you haven't noticed the two threads about it

but, guess what returned to LOT8s for the first time in a long time.

it's Smooth Jazz. as much of a Rock and Metal music guy, but hearing Smooth Jazz on LOT8s just feels right and i hope this might be the end of the generic LOT8s Music that debut between Nov. 2013 to 2015.

i also hope when they go to red mode they bring back the iconic Storm Alert theme that debut in 2005.

Wouldn't count on that last point. They invested a lot of time and money into the current sonic brand (which isn't that bad). If anything new pops up at this point, my guess is that it would be a new theme entirely, if they plan on phasing out the current brand (coming up on 3 years)> Again, I wouldn't count on either.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:43 PM »
Sounds like the 2003-2005 Storm Alert theme (sans overplayed sonic brand chimes) is being used for segments during winter storm Selene coverage.

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 46
« Reply #9621 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:18 PM »
I've never heard it before, or maybe I'm just thinking of something else, but I think I caught it.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: March 30, 2016, 11:31:10 PM »
Sans "Live By It" era sonic brand, this is the track i was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWzOK5mq0w8

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 46
« Reply #9623 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:14 PM »
Ok Yeah I did catch it that night. Thanks for the link. :)

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #9624 on: April 01, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
Apparently TWC is using Celsius for now on? Can someone verify this as I have no access to TWC today.

https://medium.com/the-weather-channel/the-weather-channel-network-moves-to-celsius-403bbaf59fc3#.iwcrdgixx

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #9625 on: April 01, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »
Apparently TWC is using Celsius for now on? Can someone verify this as I have no access to TWC today.

https://medium.com/the-weather-channel/the-weather-channel-network-moves-to-celsius-403bbaf59fc3#.iwcrdgixx

Hmm... go back and re-read that last paragraph...

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #9626 on: April 01, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »

Hmm... go back and re-read that last paragraph...
Whoops. Didn't catch that. :pinch:

Offline mightynine

• View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: April 04, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
Anyone noticed that so far today on Weather Center Live, it's been just one OCM and a locked camera shot?

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #9628 on: April 04, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »
Anyone noticed that so far today on Weather Center Live, it's been just one OCM and a locked camera shot?
At 9AMET, Keith Carson was solo on WCL.
At 11AMET, Alex Wallace was solo on WCL. He is usually on at 12PMET.
At 3PMET, Chirs Warren and Jen Delgado hosted WCL. They are usually on at 9AMET.

Very weird schedule. Did TWC shuffle OCM shifts again or maybe several OCMs are in meetings or something?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:58:14 PM by Adrian »

Offline huta958

• View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: April 04, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
I saw this on Alex Wilson's facebook page.
"Howdy friends! You may notice Dave and I are absent this afternoon - that's because we'll be working different hours to get you through severe season. I'll see you during Weather Underground and into the evening hours (as needed for storm coverage) during the week - so a little later than usual but hopefully more of you will able to watch!.....Dave is off today. You'll see him tomorrow between 1-3p. I'll be on WU tonight!" I'm guessing Alex is moving to Weather Underground for now, and Dave will be on 1-3pm.
From Chris Warren's twitter page.
 "Just started my new on air shift (3-6pm eastern 12-3pm pacific) @weatherchannel w/ @JenDelgadoTWC @jjabraham"
Not sure what's happening with the others. I wish they would just expand weather center live into the overnight, and go back to their roots, like they claimed they were gonna do back in October. Will they ever do it?