March 18, 2024, 11:30:58 PM

Author Topic: Website errors and problems  (Read 14128 times)

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Website errors and problems
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
Following Martin's lead, I am creating a sticky thread for any errors or problems on my site. So please post links to pages or files that does not work.

Resolved requests will be marked like this. I don't know why I never thought of doing that on my old board. :thinking:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
Re: Website errors and problems
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »
Matt, is it okay if you turn the messaging system on to where you can at least view archived messages? I remember asking someone about tuner help in 2008 via PM and it would help me again today. ;)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
Matt, is it okay if you turn the messaging system on to where you can at least view archived messages? I remember asking someone about tuner help in 2008 via PM and it would help me again today. ;)
Sure. I've turned it back on. I wanted to turn off sending messages, but didn't want to turn off reading them. Guess it's all or nothing. :thinking:
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »
I'd leave it on for other members, but I must have deleted the message I was looking for a long time ago. :wacko:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:51:08 PM »
Sorry for bumping the topic, but I found an incorrect song ID. This video ID'd as Wildflower by Ryan Farish is actually "Young at Heart" by Ryan Farish B)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
Apologies for bumping (and double posting :thinking:), but under the videos directory, the XL and IS pages are flip-flopped. On the URLs if you click WeatherStar XL, it will show XL in the URL, but will have the IS videos page, and vice versa.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Apologies for bumping (and double posting :thinking:), but under the videos directory, the XL and IS pages are flip-flopped. On the URLs if you click WeatherStar XL, it will show XL in the URL, but will have the IS videos page, and vice versa.
Oops! Fixed. Thanks! :)
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »
Matt, this might be an odd time to be bringing this up, but I am a little confused at how you have identified the music on the Trammell Starks page of your blog.  First of all, the names of the songs listed there are different from the same ones identified on YouTube.  And second of all, there are a couple of duplicates, just under different names (i.e. #5 "All That Jazz" and #37 "Unpredictable"; #6 "Autumn Blue" and #12 "Deep Blue").  If this is intentional, my apologies.  I think I remember reading that all Trammell songs go under two names, but I don't understand the duplicates. :thinking:

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Matt, this might be an odd time to be bringing this up, but I am a little confused at how you have identified the music on the Trammell Starks page of your blog.  First of all, the names of the songs listed there are different from the same ones identified on YouTube.  And second of all, there are a couple of duplicates, just under different names (i.e. #5 "All That Jazz" and #37 "Unpredictable"; #6 "Autumn Blue" and #12 "Deep Blue").  If this is intentional, my apologies.  I think I remember reading that all Trammell songs go under two names, but I don't understand the duplicates. :thinking:
The song titles are ones I came up with years ago. In fact, I believe I came up with them before "wow" (or a fan of his site) did in the early 2000s. Since the clips are on my site, I naturally choose to use my list. There aren't, though, suppose to be any duplicate songs. I have removed them. Thanks for letting me know!
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline xoddf2

• TWC Fan 2004ญญญ–2009
    • View Profile
    • wlair.us.to
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 798
  • SD Channel #: 22
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23811
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
The playlists pages are broken:

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:54 PM »
The playlists pages are broken:

Shoot, that's the second time I've done that! Well, then I'm going live with the new layout. Thanks for letting me know!
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
Matt, did you take down your classic TWC classics archive? When I go to classic.twcclassics.com, the URL remains the same but I get the main website instead of the classic TWC Classics archive.. :unsure:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
Matt, did you take down your classic TWC classics archive? When I go to classic.twcclassics.com, the URL remains the same but I get the main website instead of the classic TWC Classics archive.. :unsure:

I think he took that down awhile ago, didn't he? :dunno:  I, too, thought it was kind of neat to look at an archive of the forums, but I think Matt said a lot of the links were broken, or that he lost most of the site.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 12:04:55 PM »

I think he took that down awhile ago, didn't he? :dunno:  I, too, thought it was kind of neat to look at an archive of the forums, but I think Matt said a lot of the links were broken, or that he lost most of the site.
It wasnt the forum :no: it was an archive of his site from 2009

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »

Yes I did. I mentioned that in a blog post a few weeks ago.

http://www.twcclassics.com/blog/news/2012-08-08
TWC Classics Webmaster