Weather Discussion > Winter Weather

Major (Possibly Historic) Southern US Winter Storm 1/28-30/2014

(1/4) > >>

toxictwister00:
An unusually far south section of the Deep South region is in for a memorable experience over the next 72 hrs. Winter Storm Watches have been flying up from Southeastern North Carolina, to South/Central South Carolina (This includes the cities of Columbia and Charleston), to Central/South Georgia (South of Atlanta metro; includes Augusta, Columbus, Macon), to Southeastern half of Alabama (includes the city of Montgomery), to Southern Mississippi to Eastern Texas! Even parts of the FL Panhandle may join in on the fun!

In my neck of the woods I'm too far north (heh, imagine that) I don't get to say that often. :lol:

Does anyone have any relatives or friends that will be affected by this storm?

Currently Active Winter Weather Bulletins Nationwide
http://www.weather.gov/

EDIT: To the mods/admins. if this storm gets named by TWC, feel free to change the thread title to said name if you feel it's necessary to. :thumbsup:

Eric:
Way too close for comfort for my tastes.  Daytona Beach is only going to have rain and chilly temperatures (but that's what we've had practically all month), but, still, the thought of winter weather in my state makes me nervous.

toxictwister00:

--- Quote from: Eric on January 26, 2014, 09:53:08 PM ---Way too close for comfort for my tastes.  Daytona Beach is only going to have rain and chilly temperatures (but that's what we've had practically all month), but, still, the thought of winter weather in my state makes me nervous.

--- End quote ---

I can understand your discomfort on this, but I don't think you'll have to worry about any wintry weather in Daytona as it stands right now. Any wintry weather in FL looks to remain confined to the panhandle region. Speaking of the panhandle, WSW's have been extended to cover the western sections of the panhandle. It includes, but not limited to Pensacola, Defuniak Springs, and Marianna, FL. Some accumulations of snow/ice is possible in those areas.

toxictwister00:
Winter Storm Watch has been expanded to include the Atlanta metro area now.

Accumulations: 1/2 inch - 2 inches forecasted.

toxictwister00:
Most of the Winter Storm Watches across the Southern US region have been upgraded to Warnings this afternoon. Atlanta metro area remains in the watch category until further notice.

Now it's time to sit back and watch the fireworks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version