March 28, 2024, 11:32:42 AM

Author Topic: Intellistar 2 concerns  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Intellistar 2 concerns
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:47:14 PM »
This topic was approved by phw115wvwx.

Comcast affiliates throughout Philadelphia have recently acquired the Intellistar2 HD, and I was wondering. Has our headend expanded or something because I'm getting cities from Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties now. If this is the case I'm okay with having the STAR centered on Camden County, however the current choice of Aududon is a very small borough that most people this far north don't really know about. Can Cherry Hill be used instead? This is a much larger and familiar township to almost everyone in South Jersey right next to Audubon that has a lot of attractions, while at the same time also is pretty much dead on center of the new viewing area. Also, why isn't Philadelphia included at all on any of the radars? If this can be changed too that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
Re: Intellistar 2 concerns
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »

Comcast affiliates throughout Philadelphia have recently acquired the Intellistar2 HD, and I was wondering. Has our headend expanded or something because I'm getting cities from Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties now. If this is the case I'm okay with having the STAR centered on Camden County, however the current choice of Aududon is a very small borough that most people this far north don't really know about. Can Cherry Hill be used instead? This is a much larger and familiar township to almost everyone in South Jersey right next to Audubon that has a lot of attractions, while at the same time also is pretty much dead on center of the new viewing area. Also, why isn't Philadelphia included at all on any of the radars? If this can be changed too that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike
I concur with this suggestion. I am located near Cherry Hill and I haven't the slightest where Audubon, NJ is. I understand it's the headend location, however, as Mike put it, it's a very small borough.

Offline TechKitten

• Been waiting for years.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20897
  • WxScan Ch. #: 131
Re: Intellistar 2 concerns
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »

Thanks,
Mike
I concur with this suggestion. I am located near Cherry Hill and I haven't the slightest where Audubon, NJ is. I understand it's the headend location, however, as Mike put it, it's a very small borough.

Really? How do you not know where Audobon is? It is SO close to Philidelphia!