March 28, 2024, 06:01:27 PM

Author Topic: Same image every single time on the Local on the 8's  (Read 2943 times)

Offline awlweatherchannelfan

• View Profile
    • AOAA's Austinland Weather Lab
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Same image every single time on the Local on the 8's
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »
Hello, I have DIRECTV and every holiday, the image they used on that holiday always stays for days. The Black Friday image has been on the national feed ever since Friday. Why is that happening?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:57:01 PM by awlweatherchannelfan »

Offline boyercam

• Bringing The Weather Channel to the UK
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Same image every single time on the Local on the 8's
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »
Im not an expert with STARS as I don't live in America, but from the knowledge I've gathered here I don't think DirectTV operates a National STAR as that comes from the main TWC feed. It would be interesting to see if any other National feed viewer on a different provider has the same issue.

WxStar XL Web Emulator: http://cameronboyer.tk/wsxl/

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
Im not an expert with STARS as I don't live in America, but from the knowledge I've gathered here I don't think DirectTV operates a National STAR as that comes from the main TWC feed. It would be interesting to see if any other National feed viewer on a different provider has the same issue.
DirecTV does have an IntelliStar at their headend, although it just displays nothing on screen at the moment.

@awlweatherchannelfan could you post a screen shot of this ?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:35:29 AM »
The IntelliStar must not be getting the signal to change the image in the internal database. With my little exposure to the IntelliStar (and very minimal, I must say), the system will download the background files when sent over the satellite. From there on out, the STAR would listen for commands to use the specified background. The XL would work in this way as well, so there is no doubt in my mind that the IntelliStar is this way as well. In fact, I am 98% positive this is the concept used.

With that being said... it is most likely that the STAR isn't getting the command, or for whatever reason it isn't being properly written to the database to use the other backgrounds. TWC would have to look into it.