March 29, 2024, 02:32:07 AM

Author Topic: new Intellistar 2 Jr.  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Proprius

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 3
  • WxStar Version: Junior
new Intellistar 2 Jr.
« on: November 15, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »
We are replacing our analogue WeatherStar 4000 with the new digital Intellistar 2 Jr. I would like to continue to use my big dish and C-Band and have purchased and new digital LNB but need help on the set-up. Has anyone done this recently and if so, could you lend some help. Thanks

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: new Intellistar 2 Jr.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »
Do you work for a cable company? If so, you'll need to contact STAR Team Support (won't list the number here, but it should be listed in some manuals with the unit). This board is a place for TWC fans and I'm not sure anyone here could lend you the kind of help that the STAR Team would.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »
As I'm a little tired, my response will be a little "scattered"... but given it sounds like you work with a cable company, this should make sense.

You'll want to aim your dish at AMC 10... which is located at 135.0°W. Obviously, you'll have to set the azimuth and elevation of the dish correctly to get a clear shot. Make sure that your DigiCipher is authorized to view TWCs SD feed on AMC 10. If I had the user guide in front of me, I'd be able to give a little more "in depth" instruction, but unfortunately I've misplaced it. The LNB shouldn't really matter... as long as you can get the signal locked on and have the authorized cipher, you should be able to run the IS2Jr. Just make sure that you have a decent sized dish. The digital feed doesn't appear to be as fault tolerant with data like the old analog feed. If I may ask, could you post some of your questions? I can try to lend a helping hand. :yes:

@Trevor... why not just give the guy the number? It's not like it isn't plastered all over the internet as well as these forums already. If he is a legitimate TWC affiliate, then they'll help him through the process. That's what their job is. I don't understand why people try to withhold helpful information on here. Everyone should be able to be educated on a topic of their choice, even if they're not in the industry. No need to stipend someones interests. I've always been told that I'll never get anywhere with this equipment, but I've gone pretty far and have a great deal of knowledge on how these things work. So, for what it's worth, if you know a piece of information that can further expand someones knowledge in a topic that they are needing help in, give them anything you know. We can't evolve as humans if we withhold information. And I realize that I am going a little overboard regarding a phone number... but it's the message I'm trying to put across that counts. If someone wants to know something, tell them. Nothing behind this technology is a secret. It's all out there on the internet in the wide open already. Let's not make it any harder than it is.

TL;DR: 1-800-554-7354. I wish you luck, Proprius. Feel free to post back here and I'll try to help.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:55:12 AM by curtjr4 »

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »
Well I figured since he owns a unit it's probably somewhere around

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
Nah, those labels have pretty low quality adhesive in my opinion. The one on my Jr is about to fall off from heat.

Regardless, there are people on here who can help this guy out with whatever he needs to have done. Yeah, TWC Support is a good place to go to but we can give him the help he needs it sounds like. So just don't be too quick to turn them away from any help he may get on here. :) And I do apologize, last night I was really worked up over some personal stuff. So I feel somewhat like a dork for lashing out like that. But hopefully people understand how I feel over that topic in general.

Offline Proprius

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »
Thanks for the information and reply. Yes, I own a small cable company but this definitely is not my forte. I have scoured the information sent to me with the new equipment and cannot find a number anywhere. I just checked again. The people to whom we talk with at WeatherChannel have been no help or I have not been able to talk to the right person. Anyway my tech was asking if I could be of some help and find out information for him. So, in my search, I stumbled upon this site. I actually printed and read the "TWC Tech Support Forum Rules & Posts Guidelines" and didn't see any harm in asking for help. I wasn't asking for any top secret information, merely some help from someone smarter than I (that isn't saying much). Thanks cirtjr4, this gives me something to give to my tech and I reply back with some of his more specific questions or concerns. Thanks again.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
Thanks for the information and reply. Yes, I own a small cable company but this definitely is not my forte. I have scoured the information sent to me with the new equipment and cannot find a number anywhere. I just checked again. The people to whom we talk with at WeatherChannel have been no help or I have not been able to talk to the right person. Anyway my tech was asking if I could be of some help and find out information for him. So, in my search, I stumbled upon this site. I actually printed and read the "TWC Tech Support Forum Rules & Posts Guidelines" and didn't see any harm in asking for help. I wasn't asking for any top secret information, merely some help from someone smarter than I (that isn't saying much). Thanks cirtjr4, this gives me something to give to my tech and I reply back with some of his more specific questions or concerns. Thanks again.
No problem! If you have any questions, ask away. For the most part, you can drop the new IS2Jr in place of the old WeatherSTAR Jr (and remove the WeatherSTAR Junior Audio Alert as well if you have that system on the rack). The big thing is just getting the dish aimed and the cipher authorized.