Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > WeatherSTAR Tech Support

**NEW POLICY** 8/17/11

(1/4) > >>

TWCToday:
If you wish to request that changes be made to your local forecast then a moderator must approve your request. Please PM one of us to approve your request. There are no restrictions on posting legitimate errors and issues with your local forecast. This new policy is an attempt to ensure that the STAR Support Team is not overwhelmed with pointless requests. Failure to comply will result in an immediate warning or suspension.

Thank you.

Localonthe8s:
Thank you for implemeting this. I was wondering why the number of LF requests has skyrocketed during the past few weeks, as all I've been seeing now is topics in the STAR support forums.

twcfan68:
I just wanted to say that I was really waiting for something like this. I was surprised at how active that forum has become lately, and I don't want us to abuse the privilege of having the actual TWC STAR Team here.

TWCJim:
Thanks for telling us Martin. We hope we'll learn better in the near future  ;)

Eric:
I agree with this policy.

Some, but not all, of the requested changes have seemed somewhat frivolous and just an attempt to custom-tailor the Star to one person's personal preferences, ignoring the fact that many, many other people see the same Star, too.  I hope that my one request to reduce the amount of ocean on a map to less than 50% doesn't seem so frivolous in comparison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version