April 28, 2024, 02:28:51 AM

Poll

Which design should be TWCT's new design?

season lover's design
1 (2.7%)
jtmal's design
12 (32.4%)
Al's design
5 (13.5%)
Billy's design
19 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Vote For TWCT's New Design!  (Read 19516 times)

Offline sonicdoommario

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
Re: Vote For TWCT's New Design!
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
Does it matter which IE I'm using? I turned on compatibility view so it'd behave like IE7, and that didn't work. The only link that seemed to work for me is the Navigation link. Everything else was dead for me, so I just Googled my way onto these boards.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
We're working on things as fast as we can...

As for the links and everything, open v4.css and look for..
Code: [Select]
/* Links
------------------------------------------------------------------*/
You can play around with the colors there.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »

/* Links

Thanks Jesse!  B)

sdm, it makes no difference which version of IE you use. They all render graphics and such in the same fashion.  :yes:

Like I said, Jesse's working on it, and I'll implement a fix just as soon as he can find one.  :thumbsup:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »

/* Links

Thanks Jesse!  B)

sdm, it makes no difference which version of IE you use. They all render graphics and such in the same fashion.  :yes:

Like I said, Jesse's working on it, and I'll implement a fix just as soon as he can find one.  :thumbsup:
Gary... https://twctodayforums.com/nav-ie.txt needs to be updated to include the link to the forums so that IE users can still get here, along with the sitemap...  :pinch: I should have noticed that when I made it  <_< The simple way to update the sitemap is to copy and paste what's in nav-nonie.txt into the sitemap file where appropriate every time you update the nav.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2008, 12:08:12 AM »
I figured it did. I just haven't gotten to the IE navigation yet. I'm working my way there though. Should have it done in the morning.  :biggrin:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
Ok, I'm still having difficulty with the classic and current clips pages. I'm posting my php files for both pages. Can anyone here look through them and see if there are any errors? I would really appreciate it!

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
Ok, I'm still having difficulty with the classic and current clips pages. I'm posting my php files for both pages. Can anyone here look through them and see if there are any errors? I would really appreciate it!
I don't see anything wrong imo, I would get other people's opinions also.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »
I open them up with Firefox and all I get is this:

0 && $match < 10)         $file_list[] = $file;     else if ($file != "." && $file != ".." && strcasecmp($match, $l) == 0)         $file_list[] = $file; } closedir($h);  if (!isset($s)) {     $start = 0; } else {     $start = $s; } $end = $start + 25; $back = $start - 25; $p2 = sizeof($file_list) / 25; $letters = "0-9 | "; $letter = array(                  0 => "A",                  1 => "B",                  2 => "C",                  3 => "D",                  4 => "E",                  5 => "F",                  6 => "G",                  7 => "H",                  8 => "I",                  9 => "J",                  10 => "K",                  11 => "L",                  12 => "M",                  13 => "N",                  14 => "O",                  15 => "P",                  16 => "Q",                  17 => "R",                  18 => "S",                  19 => "T",                  20 => "U",                  21 => "V",                  22 => "W",                  23 => "X",                  24 => "Y",                  25 => "Z"); $cletter = strtoupper($l);  for ($l=0; $l<26; $l++) {     $aletter = strtolower($letter[$l]);     if ($l < 25)         $letters .= "$letter[$l] | ";     else         $letters .= "$letter[$l]"; }  $cletters = strtolower($cletter); $body = "";  if (sizeof($file_list) > 0) {     asort($file_list);     while (list($key, $file) = each($file_list)) {         $file_namel = $wdir.$file;         $ext = substr($file_namel, -4);         $file_namet = str_replace($ext, "", $file_namel);         $body .= "$file_namet
\n";     } } else     $body .= "None found.\n";  $body .= "
";  require_once("header.html");  echo <<
                  Audio Clips - $cletter
$letters          
             $body         [/h]
     HTML;  require_once("footer.html");  ?>

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
you're not supposed to open them like that.... he's asking for help from people with PHP knowledge to test the files to make sure they work... you'd need an HTTP server with PHP enabled to upload to ;)

Again, they look fine to me

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »
They look fine to me also, but something's evidently wrong. If you go to the site and navigate to either the classic or current clips page, you'll see a pageful of errors, referring to speciifc lines in the documents. Problem is, I look atthose lines and nothing seems wrong.  :thinking:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
They look fine to me also, but something's evidently wrong. If you go to the site and navigate to either the classic or current clips page, you'll see a pageful of errors, referring to speciifc lines in the documents. Problem is, I look atthose lines and nothing seems wrong.  :thinking:
could you paste the specific errors here?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »
could you paste the specific errors here?

You can't see them? Regardless, here you go:

From the current clips page:

Notice: Undefined index: l in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 5

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 73

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 73

Notice: Undefined variable: file_namel in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/music.php on line 74

From the classic clips page:

Notice: Undefined index: l in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/classicmusic.php on line 5

Notice: Undefined variable: wdir in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/classicmusic.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: wdir in /home/twctoday/public_html/pages/music/classicmusic.php on line 72

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
I think it's trying to find videos and clips and it's not finding them for some reason... That's the only explanation coming to mind...

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »
Yeah I sorta figured that much.  :D

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
I'm still clueless about what's going on with the clip pages. If anyone has ANY ideas at all, please come forward.