April 19, 2024, 06:00:52 PM

Author Topic: The Future Of TWC Today  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Future Of TWC Today
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
Hopefully things will get worked out Gary! B) I don't want to see this site go, especially after all the hard work that's gone into it! :no:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
Once I get hired for a new full-time meteorologist job sometime this summer or fall, I might be able to start contributing financially to this site if help is still needed.  TWC Today has been quite a pleasant surprise for me so far, so I hope the transition ahead will go well. :yes:  Good luck in your future endeavors, Gary, and thanks for all your help with making this site so popular! B)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »
I'd still like to stick around either as an admin or regular member, if the new owner agrees to it, but I just don't want to deal with the work of updating and maintaining a website, nor with the financial side of it anymore. I just don't have the time, interest, or will.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »
I understand completely. I think that Martin would be a great admin, but I dont know about Tyler. I dont rally know him :P

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Believe me, Tyler would do a fine job.  :yes: B) :biggrin:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Gary. :thumbsup:

As Gary did mention, I have expressed interest in taking over the site. Some of you know, I have wanted to create a present-day TWC site for years now (long before TWCT came around)... but never did because I honestly didn't want the hassle of starting a site from scratch. This site, however, has a good member base, and content already built into it, and I know that I could take over and do a decent job. I already co-admin at TWCC, and have co-admin'd at another forum, and have experience as a webmaster. So we'll see where this goes.

As for changes to the site: should I be granted the rights to this website, everything would remain unchanged at first, however, with all management hand-overs, some things would inevitably change with time. I may update some graphics, change the administration team, etc. But, nothing too drastic. Let's just cross that bridge when we come to it. :wave:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
Wow Gary, I didn't see this coming, but I know you have thought seriously about this and have made a decision you will be happy with. :)

I am very thankful for those who have offered to take over the site because I would sure hate to see it go. :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »
I want to thank everyone for the kind words mentioned here about me and several PMs I received! I am glad people respect me enough to take over things here at TWCT.

Yesterday I posted (and chatted with some of you) that I was still considering options and if something like this would be possible for me to do. I have thought it over and think I can do the job. Therefor I submited my offer to Gary moments ago to take over operations here once he leaves. It will be his decision whether I am choosen or not.

I have contacted several others and in the case I could no longer or am unwiling to continue operations of the site, these others who you all know here at the forums would be happy to take over.

I strongly think TWCT is an amazing forum! The members are awesome!! TWCT is the most active TWC forum around and has the most to offer to members. It would be a great loss if this forum and content were lost.

Thank you all!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:14:03 PM by Martin »

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 09:03:01 AM »
I fully accept your offer Martin!  B)

I can think of few other people I'd rather give the reigns to. I got your PM, and we can talk and hopefully get everything taken care of this afternoon/evening.  :biggrin: B)

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »
I would submit my name for consideration, but life's a bit too tight right now.  I'll just stick to web design.   :yes:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »
I want to thank everyone for the kind words mentioned here about me and several PMs I received! I am glad people respect me enough to take over things here at TWCT.

Yesterday I posted (and chatted with some of you) that I was still considering options and if something like this would be possible for me to do. I have thought it over and think I can do the job. Therefor I submited my offer to Gary moments ago to take over operations here once he leaves. It will be his decision whether I am choosen or not.

I have contacted several others and in the case I could no longer or am unwiling to continue operations of the site, these others who you all know here at the forums would be happy to take over.

I strongly think TWCT is an amazing forum! The members are awesome!! TWCT is the most active TWC forum around and has the most to offer to members. It would be a great loss if this forum and content were lost.

Thank you all!
Sounds great! B)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
I really agree that Tyler would be a great website owner to this site. :yes:

Martin, you would be great, too. B)

And if you need help maintaining the forum I'm here. ;)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
I'm honored to announce that everything has now been transferred to the control of Martin. From this point forward, this is now his site, and his forum.

I will continue to visit and post as often as I can. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making this site the success that its been. I've had a great time building this site to what it is today, and I just know that Martin will do a fine job in continuing to make it the best TWC site here is.  :biggrin: B)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 08:44:46 PM »
Gary... it truly has been an honor to have you here. You have made this site into one of the most successful TWC sites out there and have created a community that we all know and love. I can only hope I can be half the admin you were.

I will be making a new topic in the news section in a bit to give people a heads up on the transition.  :thumbsup:

Now first order of business... change name to TWC Martin Weather Fun Super Forum  :rofl2:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:08:16 AM by Martin »

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »
Excellent news! Congrats Martin! B)