April 19, 2024, 04:21:13 PM

Author Topic: New Game Room Rules  (Read 3597 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
New Game Room Rules
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »
The posting policy for the game room has been amended. Please read the new policy carefully. It will be strictly enforced! Thank you B)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Room Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
To further clarify, Game Room posts should not exceed more than 60% of a persons daily posts if a person has greater than 10 posts per day.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:21:46 PM by Martin »

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Would you care to explain why you think this is necessary (when it is not, nor is this an issue, imo)?
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »
Would you care to explain why you think this is necessary (when it is not, nor is this an issue, imo)?
Because it actually IS an issue, and we want more participation in the main boards. Not a hard rule to follow, as long as you are actively participating in forums besides the Game Room (and don't go crazy with Game Room postings). :yes:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »
On another note many members complain to me when there are only certain people posting in the game room. They feel left out and find it difficult to jump in.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »
Not to mention half of them are 3 word(ers).  I have just kind of ignored the game room.  It used to be fun, but half of those "games" in the game room can't even be considered "games"

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »
Because it actually IS an issue, and we want more participation in the main boards. Not a hard rule to follow, as long as you are actively participating in forums besides the Game Room (and don't go crazy with Game Room postings). :yes:
I do post in other sections of the forum. But at lunch, Mike and I play in the game room. Nothing wrong with that at all. Posts vary from day to day, and sometimes I post mainly in the game room and sometimes  I post elsewhere.

On another note many members complain to me when there are only certain people posting in the game room. They feel left out and find it difficult to jump in.
Seriously? Well then people here have serious social problems. It is not that hard to jump in and get yourself involved at all. Wasn't a problem back in July and August. And really, do I have to be up on the rules non-stop all the time? I was issued a warning after "excessively posting in the game room" at lunch last Friday when that was the first time I was online that day and didn't have a chance to read the bogus rules.
TWC in...

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »
I try the best I can to limit my time in the game room and participate in the other boards. The only reason why I would post in the game room frequently is when I'm at school, since I can't access Facebook to chat with friends there. Other than that, I don't post in the game room that often. Also, even though it seems Aaron and I have been the dominant posters in the game room in recent weeks, I'm not trying to make the others feel left out at all. They are welcome to step in as well. :yes:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:52:02 AM by Mike M »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 03:01:17 PM »
Why are you even using TWCT during the schoolday? Most schools don't allow that and I'd rather come and post here after coming home from school then during the schoolday. (well, I don't want people to see me visiting a TWC forum)

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
Why are you even using TWCT during the schoolday? Most schools don't allow that and I'd rather come and post here after coming home from school then during the schoolday. (well, I don't want people to see me visiting a TWC forum)
AFAIK, I am the only person in this school who knows about TWCT, thus probably why it is not blocked. It is the only site I have available during the school day to communicate with other people.
TWC in...

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 03:04:38 PM »
AFAIK, I am the only person in this school who knows about TWCT, thus probably why it is not blocked. It is the only site I have available during the school day to communicate with other people.
Right, same here. And I go during lunch, so it's not like I'm cutting class to use the internet (unless I'm having a slow day and we're not doing much)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
Seriously? Well then people here have serious social problems. It is not that hard to jump in and get yourself involved at all. Wasn't a problem back in July and August. And really, do I have to be up on the rules non-stop all the time? I was issued a warning after "excessively posting in the game room" at lunch last Friday when that was the first time I was online that day and didn't have a chance to read the bogus rules.
Perhaps if I had not received so many complaints about this I would have continued to allow it.

The Game Room is not intended to be a place for personal one on one conversations. Understandably it happens every now and then but when its becomes a daily routine by the same individuals to me thats not acceptable. Perhaps you all should send text messages or use email. But again, as long as you post enough in other areas of the forum you will be fine. There are many topics that are active daily. I'm not asking you to get a pen & calculator to keep track of every post you make but just keep it in mind. On some days  you all were posting nearly 90% of your posts in the game room.

I don't think what I am asking is at all unreasonable and have received no negative comments on the policies besides the two of you. Any warnings given are not to be taken personally and will decay with time. It's just a reminder to review the rules and post elsewhere a bit more.