March 29, 2024, 09:59:06 AM

Author Topic: Bring TWC to TWC Today!!  (Read 3720 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Bring TWC to TWC Today!!
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
Alright, I've been telling you guys since last night that I have an idea that might get someone from TWC to our forum. Here is the idea.

Want TWC to come to TWCT? Let's tell them so! Tell TWC that you want them to join us here at TWC Today! Just make a post in this thread saying that you want TWC to come here, and why. The more voices that speak out, the better the chance that TWC will listen. Apparently they don't feel that TWCT is important enough to spend their time on. Well I want to tell you that TWCT has grown so much that we now give TWC one hell of a run for its money, and as such we NEED to have someone from TWC here to hear our complaints, questions, comments etc. Maybe TWC will realize how important being here is to all of us.

I'm also going to post a notice on the front page of the site, so that others who aren't yet members might join us and join in our mission to get TWC to TWCT! After enough people have spoken, I will be contacting TWC with a link to this thread and a sampling of some of the posts in it.

Think of this as an online petition of sorts.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
Re: Bring TWC to TWC Today!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »
I think it is really important to have someone from TWC out with dedicated viewers who know the programming by heart.  This would be a great place to connect with the community. We are all just normal people with a love for The Weather Channel and want to improve and offer suggestions. There has been a small connection with TWC Classics and it has allowed TWC to correct a lot of issues with the star system and offer ways to improve the entire system. This is proof that these interactions with the TWC Fan community are worthwhile! I think TWC should be proud to communicate with this forum as it is proof that they have taken a subject like the weather and made it into something people can love and connect with.

-Martin C.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:27:23 PM by Martin »

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
I fully believe that The Weather Channel is an excellent source for weather news and information 24/7. For us weather geeks (like me), it's like heaven. :twothumbs: There are many, many people out there that feel the same way about TWC, and that was the very reason that TWC Today was created. To provide a community for TWC lovers and TWC content that you can't find anywhere else on the web. Ever since TWC Today's inception in 2007, it has blossomed into an outstanding TWC fan site, and as one of the forum's co-administrators, I could not be more proud of it. B) I (as I'm sure with many other people), would love for TWC to come here. I believe TWC should realize (and AFAIK they are aware of that even already) that people out there enjoy the weather very much, and depend on TWC for their weather information. And there are people out there that are into much more than the weather information, such as the local forecast WeatherStar technology, and the music heard on the local forecast. There are also people out there who enjoy TWC so much that they design fan art based on it! (Check the TWC Fan Art section of this message board) If that doesn't show love for The Weather Channel, what does?

In any case, The Weather Channel really needed a unique community for it's fans, and I strongly believe that TWC Today has made that happen. :)

-Stephen
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:30:33 PM by Stephen »

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »
I think The Weather Channel is a great source for people to know the weather. TWC Employees should come join the TWC Today forum to talk about their experiences & their working job @ TWC. I think we will have a great time talking to them on this forum.

- Roland
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »
I would like to have a member of the real TWC here. It would be nice to have so thatwe can get direct info from them instead of us looing it up by watching.

-chris121, TWC Today.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 11:46:49 PM »
TWC should come to TWC Today because that's where all the cool kids hang out.  B)

:P

(real response coming sometime tomorrow when I'm less tired)
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
TWC should come to TWC Today because that's where all the cool kids hang out.  B)

:P

(real response coming sometime tomorrow when I'm less tired)

We'll be looking forward to that.  :P

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »
I think it would be really nice to have some from TWC to join us here on TWC Today, as well as Taiganet and TWC Classics. The Weather Channel is truely the number one best source for weather infomation 24/7. When I was about 1 or 2 years old, thats when I started to watch TWC. I've been fasinated with weather and climate change ever since. Not only that, but I even love watching the Local On the 8s segments. So much technoligy had changed over the years ever since when I first watched TWC. Even forcasting weather and tracking storms had inproved over the years. I also love computers and watching the metoraligests on TV doing the weather segment. I'm fasinated on your WeatherSTAR™ technoligy. When I first watched TWC, I remember watching a plain text-based Local Forecast. Then, I saw a graffical local forecast that includes a radar map, and eventully, a more soomther, crisper softer, colorful local forecast.

Thanks for covering all sorts of severe weather over the years. We love watching TWC!

-WeatherSTAR 3000, TWC Today/Taiganet
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline iPod

• iLove iTunes
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: AT&T U-Verse
  • HD Channel #: 1225
  • SD Channel #: 225
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
I couldn't agree more! :yes: This could only benefit TWC and TWCT! :thumbsup:  Come on TWC :)

There should be a like button on this forum, just like Facebook.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »
I think that it would be cool for a TWC member to come here. This is one of the biggest (and best  :thumbsup: ) TWC Forum.

Offline Alejandro

• Rare and unknown music finder!
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC HD in 17 Days!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • HD Channel #: 4/21/10 on ch. 847
  • SD Channel #: 047
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »
TWCT is the #1 source for anything up to date about The Weather Channel and it would be an honor for someone from the company to join us here  :thrilled:

Offline Beeper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »
I agree as well, it would be really great if TWC could acknowledge their dedicated fan base here on this forum, and to be available to answer questions and post playlists.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
TWC SHOULD come to TWC Today because they could give us more information, more songs, updates, all kinds of stuff. Besides, what kind of person (company) does not care about their fan club? :hmm:

Just a greeting to TWC :wave:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
I think it is very important to have someone from TWC Here. I have always loved the Weather Channel, especially Weatherscan and the first song I ever really loved "Fair Weather." From the Days of the Weatherscan XL v.2 to the current Intellistar, I have always been there, and I always will be.

Evan- 9/24/08

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »
I'm very nearly content with the amount of input we have here now. Just a few more responses and I'll be sending our words off to TWC. If you haven't spoken yet, do so now! Help us with this very important cause!