March 28, 2024, 03:12:26 PM

Author Topic: Jeanne Ricks - 'Live' July 14th in Manhattan  (Read 3260 times)

Offline imin

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • Rickso Facto Music
Jeanne Ricks - 'Live' July 14th in Manhattan
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »
Hey Gang-
        Thank you all for being so receptive and positive - it is sincerely appreciated.  Bruce Walker at Hidden Beach Records currently has a copy of my new CD 'Make it Work!' in his hands and is to make a decision (along with Steve McKeever) about doing a release of it. 

Some of you are located out here in the NY area so I wanted to put out an invite.
There's a very important concert upcoming.  I have been asked to perform in the 'Jazz Tuesday's' series at the Manhattan Baha'i Center's Dizzy Gillespie Auditorium (53 E. 11th St. - btw. B'Way & Univ) at 8pm & 9:30pm. 
        This performance is also being video taped and it would be really helpful to play for an involved and enthusiastic audience - instead of empty seats!  :clap:   Guys, this is a concert hall, not my band's usual kind of venue (night club/restaurants) where we can rely on 'regulars' or walk-ins.  We actually need to fill the space with our own audience.
        True, Tuesday nights are a drag.  I can say that traffic at that travel time is relatively light and parking easier (because the 'No Parking (7am - 7pm' and 'Trucks Only' limits have all expired by then).  AND there are some slammin' restaurants in that little area.
        So please come out if you can.

All the best,
-Jeanne

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.'

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Jeanne Ricks - 'Live' July 14th in Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:58:50 PM »
i would love and try to come out to Manhattan to see you play, i'm only 3hrs away!

I would love to see you play in Boston or Newport,RI, i hope that could be in your plans.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:05:00 PM by Gt1racer47 »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:59:02 PM »
I'm not sure if I can come because my parents might not allow me, but I'll see what I can do. Is Hidden Beach planning to sign a deal with you for your new albums?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
I'm sad to say that I will miss you by 6 days Miss Ricks. I'll be in Manhattan on July 20th. :cry:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline imin

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • Rickso Facto Music
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »
I'm not sure if I can come because my parents might not allow me, but I'll see what I can do. Is Hidden Beach planning to sign a deal with you for your new albums?
They are considering it.  Bruce Walker, the GM at Hidden Beach Records, has the CD's and reportedly has been seeking "finished products" to release digitally on the label,  but it still has to be approved by Steve McKeever.  With the sudden and untimely passing of "The King of Pop" Michael Jackson - the whole music industry is on-hold, in mourning and shock.  He was the last true international superstar male icon.
-JR