April 19, 2024, 05:01:38 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Programming and Graphics / Re: TWC's Retro 8s Live
« Last post by cc17926 on September 22, 2023, 08:29:51 AM »
Hello, does anyone know if there's any possible way at all we can send feedback, or contact The Weather Channel (like people responsible for the TV broadcasting or something like that, the people that decided to bring back the classic Weatherstar 4000 here, even though it's their own type of emulation) -- in reguards to possibly considering playing other smooth jazz songs ??

I mean i do love this very much, and like everyone else here, and in the youtube comments i've seen, that this is the best thing Weather Channel has done in ages... and i love that we have some playlist of Smooth Jazz songs here but... it's been 3 or so months, and it's just been the same exact 1 set of songs ever since this started on June 28. it hasn't changed a single time even today.

I really wish they would rotate other songs they used to play back in the 90's.. like some Trammell Starks songs obviously since that was always my #1 favorite personally.
As much as i love this current playlist, it does feel very tiring and a little annoying just hearing this exact same playlist for 3 months so far.
That's why i was hoping anyone knows if there's some way we can contact them in any shape or form, to get them to consider using other Smooth Jazz songs (and possibly Trammell Starks)

I wish I could share in your enthusasm, but as soon as they started this 4am experiment, they went around YT and took down a bunch of streams of 4000 simulators to funnel everyone into watching their programme. Not cool.
Programming and Graphics / Re: TWC's Retro 8s Live
« Last post by kuja killer on September 22, 2023, 05:12:40 AM »
Hello, does anyone know if there's any possible way at all we can send feedback, or contact The Weather Channel (like people responsible for the TV broadcasting or something like that, the people that decided to bring back the classic Weatherstar 4000 here, even though it's their own type of emulation) -- in reguards to possibly considering playing other smooth jazz songs ??

I mean i do love this very much, and like everyone else here, and in the youtube comments i've seen, that this is the best thing Weather Channel has done in ages... and i love that we have some playlist of Smooth Jazz songs here but... it's been 3 or so months, and it's just been the same exact 1 set of songs ever since this started on June 28. it hasn't changed a single time even today.

I really wish they would rotate other songs they used to play back in the 90's.. like some Trammell Starks songs obviously since that was always my #1 favorite personally.
As much as i love this current playlist, it does feel very tiring and a little annoying just hearing this exact same playlist for 3 months so far.
That's why i was hoping anyone knows if there's some way we can contact them in any shape or form, to get them to consider using other Smooth Jazz songs (and possibly Trammell Starks)
Local Forecast / Re: Trammell Starks Info
« Last post by Adnama585 on September 19, 2023, 11:58:44 AM »
Does anyone know if he’s still selling CDs in 2023? I found compilations on YouTube, but would prefer to support the artist, if possible. 😊
Everything Else TWC / Re: General TWC Discussion
« Last post by RSully94 on September 16, 2023, 12:19:12 AM »
Jeff Morrow is currently with Carl Parker right now for Hurricane Lee coverage!
WeatherSTAR Tech Support / Re: Text to Speech Alerts Malfunction
« Last post by Jaden on September 05, 2023, 10:43:22 PM »
This is Jaden, I am under Cox on the Topeka market. I do encounter the same issue with The Weather Channel's SAP, I believe it may be of fault on Cox's end. It is only The Weather Channel where you have to enable SAP just to not hear Anna reading back the alerts, usually I forget it on and I'll change the channel and hear the SAP audio because it was left on because Anna talks on the non-SAP audio feed for whatever reason.
Contributions / Re: WeatherStar XL Graphics for WeatherScan Emulator!
« Last post by MacBackYT on August 29, 2023, 10:13:38 PM »
Do you still have a copy of the emulator? The CINE registration got shut down due to inactivity. I still wanna use the Weatherscan Local emulator, but I can’t. Help? (also, nice theme!)
Local Forecast / "Morning Awakes" by "Dover" sampled twice
« Last post by Dylan on August 25, 2023, 11:51:17 PM »
So a song that TWC played way back in March 1998 called "Morning Awakes" by "Dover" I've heard is lost forever, because "Timothy Bright" (the artist behind "Dover") lost the masters to it, but somehow, this song managed to be sampled twice. First, by somebody calling themselves "NxxxxxS" naming it "Weather 4 0 0 0", then second, somebody named "Lil Bit" sampled the same song, added lyrics to it, and named it "Ta-Ra". This is the original song I'm talking about and notice how replies to the linked comment suggest the songs that sampled is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdnDV05i5TY&lc=Ugz2ltEg1pLbKImwNBF4AaABAg
And listen to the songs in these two videos to notice what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lPKy4Zz4mE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNA6bgFSCYM
WeatherSTAR Tech Support / Text to Speech Alerts Malfunction
« Last post by aalthouse on July 31, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
I don't know if I accidently hit a setting on my cable box but occasionally, when an alert crawl comes across the screen, it will read the full alert text instead of doing just the standard tone and Jim Cantore narration.

Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it an issue with the IntelliStar? While its good to have its more annoying since it cuts off the programming audio until its done reading the text off.

Unit: IntelliStar 2 XD (I think)
Provider: Cox Communications
General Discussion / Help (if Possible) with an IS2Jr.
« Last post by aalthouse on July 21, 2023, 08:06:47 PM »
Hello,
I found an IS2Jr on eBay and I cannot for the life of me get the graphics engine to run. Anytime I boot the unit, a popup from the graphics engine says "Fatal Error - HL: Invalid Environment".

Any suggestions on to what could be going on? Is there something I am totally missing?

P.S. Admin, delete if not allowed.

Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Weatherscan Streams
« Last post by Tenna on July 16, 2023, 08:38:27 PM »
I retired the IS1 stream about a month or two ago due to extremely low viewership.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for keeping it up as long as you did! It was seriously a huge help during my finals as well as when I was starting my new job

The end of last week, someone at TWC ran around YT and other streaming platforms and did a take down of any "4000"-esque streams. Obviously competing with their new "Retro 8s" programme. When this action is performed, a strike goes against my channel, and I am unable to stream from it for a length of time. I am currently running the Jr stream on a sister channel, but as for the 4000, I may need to modify its theme to offset the current on-air appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xkcjhgeIlY

That's... interesting. Never would I have thought TWC would start running around and striking WS content in 2023 lol.
Also, thank you for the link as well as everything else you do for the community!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10