April 23, 2024, 05:42:11 PM

Author Topic: Post removed...?  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Post removed...?
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »
I replied to Kyle's post in the General TWC Discussion (the one where he said Al wasn't a meteorologist) with the emoticon ":rofl2:". An hour later, my post was removed. The rules state not to use single emoticons repeatedly as a way to inflate your post count, and that wasn't what I was doing at all. If there was ever an issue with any posts of mine needing to be removed, I was always contacted by a moderator before the deletion of the post. This time, that wasn't the case. Most of all, I didn't see anything wrong with my post in the first place :blink:

phw115wvwx

Re: Post removed...?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »
Posts with just one word or one emoticon are frowned upon a lot.  They are considered "spam" to some members, and I've had so many complaints over the past months to where I will delete them without hesitation now.  Obviously, the game room is an exception as some games just need one-word responses.  I won't take any further action here as you're now aware of it.  Sorry, Trevor, but I've had to answer a lot of issues over the past months, and I feel like I'm doing everything here without much help.  Thus, I'm forced to keep everything nailed down as well as I can until things get better among my staff. :hmm:

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
It's okay. I was just curious as to why it disappeared.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »
Honestly (and I am talking to all of our members out there), posts with just one word or just an emoticon will ALWAYS be frowned upon, unless necessary (and ONLY when necessary) for certain Game Room games.  I understand the rules say "repeated posts" like such are frowned upon, but in reality, any posts with a single word or emoticon are treated as spam, as Patrick indicated, and will be deleted.  Certainly you can contribute a little more to the discussion.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
I would like to add that if you have a problem with an administrative action that you should contact the staff directly rather than make a public post about it. In this case I hope it clears the issue up for you and other members. Post like these are left up to the discretion of the staff.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
I have tweaked the rules to address Andy's idea as I'm in agreement with the one-word post and emoticon-only post issues here.  Also, I completely agree with Martin and Andy that PMs should be used from now on with any administrative actions.