Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Programming and Graphics

TWC New Graphics

(1/5) > >>

jrhtwc:
The L Bar is gone!!! Now the LDL looks like the Watch TWC App. AMHQ looks to have new graphics as well.

GolfDude:
considering they stopped actually using the L bar outside of the radar and ads, not surprising..

TWC Fan:
I notice that too when I just turned to TWC today. Who ever have TWC that have an HD Feed on a SD Feed, it's a lot of worse and can't see everything unless if they have the HD channel. Some TVs can see the whole thing, some TVs can't. I'm not sure if anyone here still have the SD version of TWC.

I think the Local On the 8's is still fine.

mightynine:
Guess it's technically still Weather All The Time as the LDL stays on during the commerical breaks, and it's not stupidly labeled LOT8.

Glad they ditched the L Bar, it became pretty worthless in recent years.

New graphics look pretty good, in my opinion. Fullscreen LOT8 bit of a letdown - exactly the same except for the new font used.

Evan2015:
If you're away from a TV, here's what they look like. With the absence of the "Local on the 8s LDL", ad crawls (black text on a white background) just run over the LDL when the LDL starts a new cycle. Seems without an ad crawl, you get a promo (white on the black/dark gray background) as shown in the first screenshot. The typeface appears to have changed from Akko to Roboto and Roboto Condensed. Frankly, I like the color scheme...the font could use work. It looks kind of...cheap.

For those who haven't seen the "new" LOT8s look. ("New" because the only thing changed is the typeface)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj2kSv6wuCg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version