April 23, 2024, 03:52:52 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 267806 times)

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
Did anyone see this one before? you can barely see the LOT8s font  :o
It's hidden in the fog. :P
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
I like that basemap much, much better. The only think they could do is change the text color on the cities from transparent gray to white.

Really would like to see this too! i'm not really a fan of the current one.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

First off I hate the schedule changes. I want weather after 2pm on weekends and later in the evening on weekdays.

3rd When severe weather breaks out in parts of the country only there going to get break ins what Bullsh-- I want to see the coverage also and not stupid non weather related programming..

I have a feeling due to all the complaints about the reduction in live hours they are going eventually add hours back to the weekends and maybe be an hour weekdays for those on the west coast.
The OCMs that lost shows are being told by their fans on FB how they are not happy.

Agree on the severe weather coverage. Show it everywhere.
What happens if there is sever weather in more than one location? Do they both get the same coverage?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »
I am a little confused on the problems with the LDL during long-form, but here is what I saw yesterday.

I have the IS2, so on the HD feed, there was a transparent LDL during the show.  During commercials, the transparent LDL was still being used, but a blue box surrounded it.

On the SD feed, the LDL was not transparent and showed up on both the show and commercials.

Also, I think this is being discussed, but for those who have TWC HD and no IS2, what kind of weather information do you get?  Just the National Feed?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »
I am a little confused on the problems with the LDL during long-form, but here is what I saw yesterday.

I have the IS2, so on the HD feed, there was a transparent LDL during the show.  During commercials, the transparent LDL was still being used, but a blue box surrounded it.

On the SD feed, the LDL was not transparent and showed up on both the show and commercials.

Also, I think this is being discussed, but for those who have TWC HD and no IS2, what kind of weather information do you get?  Just the National Feed?

During longform (just like right now) nothing. It's the national feed during live programming.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »

During longform (just like right now) nothing. It's the national feed during live programming.

OK, now I think I'm understanding the issue.  So I guess the only HD viewers getting any type of weather during long-form are those with the IS2.  Hopefully they can fix this issue.  The transparent idea was cool, but it's not going to work anymore if they need to have a national feed running under the IS2 information.

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
HD viewers see absolutely nothing; just the long-form. SD viewers see a blank LDL.

They should definitely start putting the weather data on screen again for SD viewers since there's already an LDL there. Maybe DirecTV or Dish could trade in their current Intellistars (since they aren't used for anything anymore) for Intellistar 2s so that they can display the small LDL containing national data over long form without creating an obstruction for cable viewers.

This wouldn't help cable viewers without an IS2, but TWC really needs to start getting more IS2s deployed to cable providers. SD TV is dying; we're in the HD era now. There's no reason that HD viewers should be getting screwed out of local forecasts. It's 2013. There shouldn't be a such thing as a cable carrier having TWC HD but no Intellistar 2. TWC should've made having an IS2 compulsory for carrying TWC HD just like having some kind of SD Star is compulsory for carrying TWC SD.
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:51 PM »
This is what we get on the national feed with no IS2,

This is why I said it's not really Weather All The Time. They apparently have no setup in place for those who don't have the IS or IS2 to have weather info during longform.

They should at the least turn the national LDL back on during commercials breaks so the gray area is not empty.

On the national SD feed they should turn the national LDL on since they have the space for it and the local LDL would simply cover it up for those who have the IS.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
I don't understand why SD viewers would see a blank LDL on long-form.  Since it's not transparent, they could easily have the national LDL running all the time and overlay the local LDL.  With HD, as I said, I guess there is no way around the transparency, so TWC is going to need to re-think this idea (though I can't believe  they wouldn't have thought about it in the first place).  Although, as you were saying SpringRubber, all TWC HD viewers with cable should really have an IS2.  Cable providers need to get on that.

Offline Nick

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Page
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 519
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28765
  • SD Channel #: 19
  • SD WxStar ID #: 25617
« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
Here's what I'm getting in Cincinnati during "programming hours", during the shows and commercials.
My Classic Weather Channel on Youtube
www.youtube.com/user/hookecho80

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2013, 11:34:39 PM »
I'm getting something similar on the SD feed I don't get that Local on the 8s Logo though.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline brandonmahaffey85

• Avid Weather Channel Watcher
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 441
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22826
  • WxScan Ch. #: 17
« Reply #656 on: November 14, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
I know this May sound harsh but I got to say I absolutely hate these changes to The Weather Channel. 

First off I hate the schedule changes. I want weather after 2pm on weekends and later in the evening on weekdays.

2nd I don't like the new graphs/maps at all they look so cheap looking,they looked like they were designed by a bunch of high schoolers in a power point class.

3rd When severe weather breaks out in parts of the country only there going to get break ins what Bullsh-- I want to see the coverage also and not stupid non weather related programming..

4th I don't like the new local on the 8's.

5th. Really don't like that every show after Morning Rush is named WCL. So much for the shows having a different identity with anchor changes.

I see that the weather channel on there facebook page wanted to hear viewers feedback and respond to comments but they never do answer questions on the negative questions or comments that were posted.
Thank god for weather app on my phone this was the final straw for me when it comes to watching the weather channel.

Wonder when we will about the layoffs coming cause it's going to happen.

Bitter party of one your table is now ready....LMAO  :rofl2:
Brandon Mahaffey

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #657 on: November 14, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
Bitter party of one your table is now ready....LMAO  :rofl2:

Make that "bitter party of two."  I agree with pretty much everything that was said.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:22 AM »
Make that three. The maps are way to simple and it's odd not having snow indicated in white as it is on all other channels.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #659 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
I think this could be the solution to the map problem especially on the SD IntelliStar.