Classics - The Weather Channel from 1982-1999 > Programming

Local Radars circa 1989

(1/5) > >>

twcctornado77:
I still think the single site 57s and 74s was the best. Radar segment from '89:

Weather Channel Radars 1989

Eric:
There's a certain charm about these radars.  They're simple, yet informative, and there are no overly-flashy graphics to distract from the information.

Back in the day I had so many of the three letter codes memorized.  :)

twcclassics:

--- Quote from: Eric on September 15, 2012, 10:25:08 PM ---Back in the day I had so many of the three letter codes memorized.  :)

--- End quote ---
Me too. Another thing I like about those old radars...you can read them. :biggrin:

twcctornado77:

--- Quote from: Eric on September 15, 2012, 10:25:08 PM ---There's a certain charm about these radars.  They're simple, yet informative, and there are no overly-flashy graphics to distract from the information.

--- End quote ---
I fell in love with those single site radars. And I had a lot of those 3-letter codes too. I wish there was more of these radar videos.......... I used to have one that had the Bristol WSR-57 radar and one other....... I cant remember which one it was.

Lightning:

--- Quote from: twcctornado77 on September 16, 2012, 04:45:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Eric on September 15, 2012, 10:25:08 PM ---There's a certain charm about these radars.  They're simple, yet informative, and there are no overly-flashy graphics to distract from the information.

--- End quote ---
I fell in love with those single site radars. And I had a lot of those 3-letter codes too. I wish there was more of these radar videos.......... I used to have one that had the Bristol WSR-57 radar and one other....... I cant remember which one it was.

--- End quote ---
I enjoyed thinking about which three-letter code was which city. Some made more sense than others. "MSY" didn't make much sense for New Orleans or "BNA" for Nashville, whereas "JAN" for Jackson and "MIA" for Miami made more sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version