Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > OCMs & Personalities

How do you judge the OCM's?

(1/5) > >>

lfmusiclover:
When watching TWC, do you decide whether you like an OCM based on their looks, or on how well they do their job?

Me, I never judge the OCM's based on their looks. Instead, I always judge them by how well they do their job. If I like the way they presented the weather, then I like them. On the other hand, if I don't like their presentation, or don't enjoy watching them, then I don't like them. I think its ridiculous to judge based on looks. I've always hated TWC for deciding that looks are more important than anything else. IMO, TWC's aim for beauty really has made some of the female OCM's look much less professional than they used to. One good example of this that comes to my mind is Kristin Dodd. IMO, when she first came to TWC back in the 90's she looked like a mature professional. Today, on the other hand, she's been glammed up so much that she looks 20 years younger than she did back in the 90's. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, its just not what I watch TWC for.

Concentric Eyewall:
Hmm, let me check.  There's a person with weather slides in the background.  Okay, we're done. :rolleyes: :P

lfmusiclover:
Huh?  :huh:

G2003:
I judge by small things. Appearance, Attitude, the way they talk, the way they move, etc.

lfmusiclover:

--- Quote from: G2003 on July 08, 2007, 12:11:26 AM ---I judge by small things. Appearance, Attitude, the way they talk, the way they move, etc.

--- End quote ---
No surprise there.  :D

Other then the way the talk, i don't think any of that matters, because weather isn't about any of those things. IMO, a good OCM is one that can talk about the weather in an informative, enjoyable way. For example, I like how often times the OCM's try to make their forecasts more personal by talking about certain specific areas in a state or region they're talking about, whether they are familiar with the area's they're discussing or not. Often times, when they do this it gives you the impression that they ARE familiar with the area they are discussing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version