March 28, 2024, 03:09:58 PM

Author Topic: Cheryl Lemke  (Read 9112 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Cheryl Lemke
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
I split this off from the other topic since, well, she's not in the ATL anymore...she's in South Bend, IN at WSBT.
Fun story: there were three very good meteorologists there...two had babies and they fired the other guy.

She seems to be a hire (not a temp) since she has a bumper already...the other guy they picked up didn't have a bumper for a couple months.  Great hire for the area.

Attached since WSBT flags on YouTube.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
Re: Cheryl Lemke
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
Is she a fill - in, weekend, or regular OCM?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
Like I said in the other thread, I wish her the best of luck!  :biggrin: I hope they treat her better there than WXIA-TV ever did, she certainly deserved more than a fill-in job when she was down here. I'm also glad she found a meteorology job rather quickly, she left here in late July.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Is she a fill - in, weekend, or regular OCM?
Don't know yet.  It looks like, based on recent major shufflings, that she will do weekday morning/noon when the other met has her baby (which was supposed to be Monday, apparently), then do some 10/11PM stuff.

It's kind of all a fluid situation, but it looks like she will not be a fill-in, at the least.

EDIT:  Could also be the chief meteorologist (who got canned).  General consensus seems to be highly positive around here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:13:59 PM by tpirfan28 »

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
Okay, some more info (digging on their Facebook page).  She will be a fill-in for a few months while the two female mets are out being first-time moms.  She will get the 5, 6, 10, and 11 newscasts.

Comments on her official page have been overwhelmingly positive (biggest comment is that she is extremely professional).  It would not surprise me if she does transition to full time and squeeze the guy out - then they have the chance of having an "all-female" weather team.

I hope she's ready for that mythical beast known as lake-effect snow...

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
Best of luck to her!  I hope this job works out.  She's such a great talent and a great professional.

Offline Star4000 Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »
WOW!  I have been keeping up with that area.  My parents are from the South Bend area.  They fired the chief meteorologist in July and the remaining two have had or are still expecting babies.  There was a new guy started right before the CM was terminated, but I am not sure how long he would be there.  Yeah, from the rumors I have read - it has been a wild nine months in that place! LOL!

Coincidentally, WNDU (Notre Dame Univ) the NBC affiliate was where Sharon Resultan worked prior to joining TWC.

WSBT is the CBS affiliate out of South Bend.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:52:46 AM by twcc_Weatherstar4000 fan :) »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
Why was the chief meteorlogist fired?

IWX

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
The fired met, Ricky Mecklenburg, was arrested by South Bend police earlier this year and subsequently convicted (it's a loooooong story). He has proven to be mentally unstable and may have resumed his chemical addictions. WSBT locked him out of their facility and a no trespass order is in effect. There's much more but I gotta run ...

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »
Coincidentally, WNDU (Notre Dame Univ) the NBC affiliate was where Sharon Resultan worked prior to joining TWC.

If I'm not mistaken, Nicole Mitchell is another WNDU alum.

I was channel surfing tonight when I caught Cheryl doing the weather on WSBT.  It was great to see her.   B)

According to this article I found, she's at WSBT on an interim basis.

Cheryl Lemke rescues WSBT Weather from baby boom
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline Star4000 Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 01:10:11 AM »
The fired met, Ricky Mecklenburg, was arrested by South Bend police earlier this year and subsequently convicted (it's a loooooong story). He has proven to be mentally unstable and may have resumed his chemical addictions. WSBT locked him out of their facility and a no trespass order is in effect. There's much more but I gotta run ...
I doubt there was mental instability, but he was arrested for making a false report about the South Bend police firing at his car or something like that - he was drunk at the time.  The charges were dropped, but he still had to get treatment for the drinking.  The arrest was in November, 2010 and was over by February, 2011 - he was fired in July.  There was something about their not letting him take a vacation (to spend with family) since the two other meteorologists were about to go on maternity leave.

He recently filled in for a meteorologist in Grand Rapids, Michigan according to YouTube clips I have seen.