March 28, 2024, 04:32:48 PM

Author Topic: Alexandra Steele No Longer with TWC  (Read 248644 times)

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Re: Alexandra Steele Let Go
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
TWC is just not the same anymore. It doesn't feel the same. It is real sad that both Alex and Betty have gone in a matter of a couple months.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
At this rate, The Weather Channel's OCMs will be fresh out of college, the ink on their diplomas barely dry.  The network seems to be saying that the people with experience can work behind the scenes, so long as they don't have enough seniority to actually make a decent amount in payroll, and the on-camera folk must be young, perky, and attractive, and who cares about anything else.

I just had a thought - in this day and age, probably even the great John Hope would have faced the chopping block by now and have been fired, or had his contract "not renewed."  That's how bad I think things have gotten.

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »
Guys, this news is such a shock to me. I just got on here and noticed the title of the topic.
Alex will surely be missed by me personally because she was the reason why I watched the channel and everything in between. I can't believe that they would do something like this to her.
Today was her daughter's 2nd birthday and everything. I'm just so sad right now after reading this information on the site here. :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

JUST TO NOTE, THIS IS THE FINAL TIME THAT I WILL WATCH THE NETWORK EVER, EXCLUDING THE MUSIC AND SMOOTH JAZZ PART. BUT AS FAR AS THE OCMs AND THE SHOWS, I WON'T. :no: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :no:

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
I've noticed The Weather Channel has been timings its dismissals around anniversaries, etc.  Are they deliberately trying to rub salt into the wounds they've inflicted?

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :cry3:

:censored: this crap,I knew there was a reason I haven't been watching TWC much anymore. They really aren't what they used to be. Alexandra Steele was my favorite OCM. I remember the days of staying up half the night watching her on Evening Edition. She will be deeply missed.

Bye,TWC! I will now watch my local news and go online for my weather reports.  :biggrin:

Hey man, I know how you feel because she was my favorite OCM as well. I remember watching her on Evening Edition and back in the older days on YWT as a morning meteorologist. And, it's goodbye TWC for me as well. The only thing that I will watch is the music and that's it. NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »
The only two things this network has in common with its past are its name and the local forecasts.  I just want to scream my lungs out at how The Weather Channel has gone so far downhill from where it once was.  Honestly, NBC would have done better keeping WeatherPlus and shutting down The Weather Channel, at least allowing TWC to keep some glory and dignity.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 11:12:59 PM »
I'll miss Alex! :cry:  She is on my list of prettiest female OCMs, right with Stephanie Abrams, Kim Cunningham, and Maria LaRosa!

I'm glad I recorded a video of WC with her in it. "So the man behind all those bleeps was…"

Something's wrong with TWC and NBCU. I've been watching TWC since 2004, and I think those days may be over soon. This is another of TWC's big mistakes, along with the 2005 relaunch, the HD relaunch, and the NBC buyout.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:18:54 PM by TWC and Apple 4eva »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »
I'll miss Alex! :cry:  She is on my list of prettiest female OCMs, right with Stephanie Abrams, Kim Cunningham, and Maria LaRosa!

I'm glad I recorded a video of WC with her in it. "So the man behind all those bleeps was…"

Something's wrong with TWC and NBCU. I've been watching TWC since 2004, and I think those days may be over soon. This is another of TWC's big mistakes, along with the 2005 relaunch, the HD relaunch, and the NBC buyout.

Hey man, I know how u feel.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

Thanks. When I first saw this thread, I yelled "What!?"

Really, this can't be right. TWC is and has been going downhill, ever since the 2005 relaunch. As I said before, my days of watching TWC may end soon. TWC and NBCU need to get their acts together.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 11:39:42 PM »

Thanks. When I first saw this thread, I yelled "What!?"

Really, this can't be right. TWC is and has been going downhill, ever since the 2005 relaunch. As I said before, my days of watching TWC may end soon. TWC and NBCU need to get their acts together.

Yeah, me too
TWC is really not the same as it was back then. Dang, this network used to be the stuff. Now, that these new people came into the picture, they want to act crazy and let all of the ol OCMs go.

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 04:40:01 AM »
you know.. ive said this before: it's nothing personal, its business!

NBC is an entertainment company, TWC is a news company. bridge the two. you get the idea..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:42:10 AM by cc17926 »

Offline skaloveexx33

• View Profile
    • n/a
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :cry3:

:censored: this crap,I knew there was a reason I haven't been watching TWC much anymore. They really aren't what they used to be. Alexandra Steele was my favorite OCM. I remember the days of staying up half the night watching her on Evening Edition. She will be deeply missed.

Bye,TWC! I will now watch my local news and go online for my weather reports.  :biggrin:

Hey man, I know how you feel because she was my favorite OCM as well. I remember watching her on Evening Edition and back in the older days on YWT as a morning meteorologist. And, it's goodbye TWC for me as well. The only thing that I will watch is the music and that's it. NOTHING ELSE!!!!!
Yeah I'm only watching it for the local on the 8s now..I've been watching my local news a lot more in the last year or so,but I've still been watching Weather Center to watch Alexandra. But that all just ended. I will only watch TWC for my local on the 8s info that I can't get on the internet or by local news. Before you know it,people like Heather Tesch,Jen Carfagno,Kelly Cass,and Adam Berg will be laid off. Why?!? Because the newbies come in and take over. Congrats,TWC! You've screwed up the network!
MD/VA

Offline lionwxgirl10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 722
  • SD Channel #: 22
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:33 PM »
Say it isn't so!! I can't believe how TWC has been letting go of so many great OCMs lately. I was wondering why I hadn't seen her for a while. I think the network should've thought twice about merging with NBC because now everything is messed up, even the programming. I wish Alexandra the very best in all that she does, and she will most certainly be missed  :cry:

Offline nascarfan

• Gentlemen, start your engines!
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »
Alexandra was the best and my favorite, along with Jim Cantore, and who knows when the ax will fall on him.  I only watch TWC, other than Local on the 8s, when either of them are on, so I will miss Alexandra.  She is a class act and if she chooses to continue her career, she definitely won't have any trouble finding a job somewhere else.  I'm sure another channel would be elated to have her.  And, with her gone, that means even less time watching TWC for me. 

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
And there goes another one of my favorite mets. TWC really sucks for this! :hammer: :footinmouth: