March 28, 2024, 01:52:59 PM

Author Topic: Public Release Now Available (April 2020)  (Read 11883 times)

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Public Release Now Available (April 2020)
« on: April 23, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Hi Folks,
I wanted to bring to your attention that I have created a new build of the Emulator. This is to correct a few data source issues, and also replace the "Regional Satellite" product with pre-configured projection views.

If you are a current emulator user:
  • Backup any custom music/backgrounds/logos that you work with. Then uninstall the emulator from your system. (Please do not do an in-place re-installation on top of the existing install.)
  • Under the 'Local Forecast' package, configure the 'Regional Satellite' view of choice, then 'Build' your config.
  • Proceed to download and install the new version of the Emulator. Do not forget to configure your ID, and replace any custom music/backgrounds/logos.

For new users, this is a repeat:
If you have never worked with program in the past, there are two halves.
1. CINE (The Configuration Interface for Networked Emulation) - This is the heart of where you control your emulator's experience. All settings and options are managed through this web-portal. Any changes made in the portal will propagate to the Emulator as it is running. You have the ability to "cue" all changes, then when you are ready, select 'Build Now' in CINE.
2. The Weatherscan XL Emulator application, itself. This is the client-end application which, when configured with your selected ID, will download, present, and update forecast and other regional details around the clock while it is running.

When you get started building your first config to work with the emulator, we suggest simply starting off with the 'Local Forecast' package. This is just to make sure all works correctly on your system. Once you have a working Local Forecast loop, you're welcome to add in other products.

Please be sure to make sure all options are configured, so you can "Build Now" all of your settings!! --Very important!!

So you would like some help?
It's quite alright, we have a live chat with humans just like you, and they are anxious to get you emulating too. We do this via the Discord Chat system. Join via this link from your computer or mobile app: https://discord.gg/EbM3Vfs

So, you think you're ready now?
Let's get started! Go visit CINE, create and validate your account information. Once you have completed this, then get building. Here's the link: http://wxcine.com:21863

Once again, we're happy to have you and we're excited your taking this opportunity to enjoy an emulator, which is a signature experience from not only mine, but other "The Weather Channel" viewers past.

Offline YoshiSTAR_41

• Yoshi! Yoshi!!!
  • You are watching the YoshiSTAR Channel, Channel 41
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel:
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 34
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22198
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxScan ID #: 20761
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Public Release Now Available (April 2020)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:43:11 PM »
That's a very good new update!!!
I'll make you happy by testing out the new feature when I have time!!! :D

Offline duelrab

• Pong
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 746
  • SD Channel #: 46
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 02:45:28 AM »
works like a charm, cheers for updating it  :yes:

Offline YoshiSTAR_41

• Yoshi! Yoshi!!!
  • You are watching the YoshiSTAR Channel, Channel 41
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel:
  • SD Channel #: 34
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22198
  • WxScan ID #: 20761
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »
Yay I tested it out and I like the new regional satellite :)

Offline tbryant

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
Hi Folks,
I wanted to bring to your attention that I have created a new build of the Emulator. This is to correct a few data source issues, and also replace the "Regional Satellite" product with pre-configured projection views.

• Backup any custom music/backgrounds/logos that you work with. Then uninstall the emulator from your system. (Please do not do an in-place re-installation on top of the existing install.)
  • Under the 'Local Forecast' package, configure the 'Regional Satellite' view of choice, then 'Build' your config.
  • Proceed to download and install the new version of the Emulator. Do not forget to configure your ID, and replace any custom music/backgrounds/logos.

1. CINE (The Configuration Interface for Networked Emulation) - This is the heart of where you control your emulator's experience. All settings and options are managed through this web-portal. Any changes made in the portal will propagate to the Emulator as it is running. You have the ability to "cue" all changes, then when you are ready, select 'Build Now' in CINE.
2. The Weatherscan XL Emulator application, itself. This is the client-end application which, when configured with your selected ID, will download, present, and update forecast and other regional details around the clock while it is running.

When you get started building your first config to work with the emulator, we suggest simply starting off with the 'Local Forecast' package. This is just to make sure all works correctly on your system. Once you have a working Local Forecast loop, you're welcome to add in other products.

Please be sure to make sure all options are configured, so you can "Build Now" all of your settings!! --Very important!!

It's quite alright, we have a live chat with humans just like you, and they are anxious to get you emulating too. We do this via the Discord Chat system. Join via this link from your computer or mobile app: https://discord.gg/EbM3Vfs

Let's get started! Go visit CINE, create and validate your account information. Once you have completed this, then get building. Here's the link: http://wxcine.com:21863

Once again, we're happy to have you and we're excited your taking this opportunity to enjoy an emulator, which is a signature experience from not only mine, but other "The Weather Channel" viewers past.

How do we sign up for CINE? There is no register button.

Offline anolel4

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: AT&T U-Verse
  • HD Channel #: 1225
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:23 PM »
Hi Folks,

How do we sign up for CINE? There is no register button.

I saw that too. I really want to sign up as well. I would be willing to pay for it if it's the only way that I could sign up. I just got interested in emulating and using intellistar, and I want to make videos just for myself like other people on this site do. The people I have asked on youtube have refused to give me any information on this. I don't understand because if they don't explain it, how will I be able to emulate intellistar? It's obvious that there are people who want to sign up. I hope that someone helps us with this!

Offline PKenny19

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 611
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 05:36:02 PM »
How do I make a CINE account?

Offline paden1

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 815
  • SD Channel #: 51
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 02:01:39 PM »
It appears he closed registrations due to lack of interests in the program. DUDE, KEEP IN MIND THERE ARE NEW USERS THAT REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS!  :yawn:

Offline HedgehogWin7

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 05:59:55 PM »
It appears he closed registrations due to lack of interests in the program. DUDE, KEEP IN MIND THERE ARE NEW USERS THAT REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS!  :yawn:
I want to try it out too!

Offline MapGuy11

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 38
  • SD Channel #: 37
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 06:14:28 PM »
Me TOO! I really wanted to see what's behind this secret curtain.

Offline WxJoel

• The 8th Local.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 24130
  • SD Channel #: 211
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21693
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »
same

Offline Monkeydale041

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • HD WxStar ID #: 213
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 04:14:13 PM »
I want to join in i am a fan of the XL 4000 and 3000 but i cant

Offline Tenna

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 01:12:14 AM »
im a year/2 years late to the party but same LOL

Offline DanielC4074

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 211
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2023, 05:59:30 PM »

Right now, there's no such thing as "lack of interest."

Offline nsstig8r

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 04:22:22 PM »
cc17926, I want to set up a version of your simulator for a Livestream for my local area, like you've done for Mount Holly, NJ. I'm not able to create a WXCINE account as you've closed registration. I'm familiar with another WS4000 simulator, but yours is way smoother looking and has way more flavors and segments. Please PM me with what I can/need to do to create a WXCINE account and get access to use your simulator so I can set up my variant for my local area. I have no problem with giving credit to you for the simulator. Thank you so much!!!