April 19, 2024, 04:57:57 PM

Author Topic: New Update Coming?  (Read 32751 times)

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Re: New Update Coming?
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »
in regards to the maps, the radar comes from twc, and the satellite comes from wunderground. if you would like to try something else, the map must be able to be called as an image from a url, and in that url must include your latitude and longitude, along with the size resolution the map will cut. yea i know alot must happen here..

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2010, 08:42:48 AM »
i know this might be too late but here's the Top Airports according to the current Weatherscan

Screen 1

New York/LaGuardia

Chicago O'Hare Int'l

Los Angeles International

Atlanta International

Screen 2

Dallas / Ft. Worth Int'l

Denver International

Boston / Logan Int'l

Salt Lake City Int'l

Screen 3

Miami International

Phoenix / Sky Harbor

Minneapolis - St. Paul

Washington Dulles Int'l

Screen 4

San Francisco Int'l

Philadelphia Int'l

Seattle - Tacoma Int'l

Lambert - St. Louis Int'l

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Most Weatherscans have that, although a few others (such as the FiOS ones) have different airports on there. It depends on how many main airport sites are set (it can be anywhere from 1-4 IIRC).

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 51
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
Just have a couple more questions. How many screens will the airport package have (disregarding the local airport conditions)?

And sorry to bring up an old subject but I was just noticing that one of your earlier update videos was a bit different. Mainly that there was a window around the emulator, and the transitioning was slightly different (the "black" transitioning I mentioned before). Once again sorry to bug you about this, but if it's not too much trouble could you make those "black" transitions optional? I know its a very small thing but I strongly believe its just a step closer to making the emulator even more authentic than it already is. Here is the video btw:
Weatherscan Local - Update Demonstration - 7/10/2010

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
I have no idea what you mean by "black transitions" :wacko: Do you mean its because some of the slides stay on for a second after transitioning? His screen recorder did that
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
I have no idea what you mean by "black transitions" :wacko: Do you mean its because some of the slides stay on for a second after transitioning? His screen recorder did that

I mean the little transition from local doppler to current conditions. Check this video below and compare it to the one above, one above has no black transition, the one below does. it isnt the recorder because I see it when i run the emulator myself. As I have said I just think optionalizing/removing them would make it more authentic to the real thing. I'm not trying to be bothersome.
Weatherscan Local - Update Progress - 7/13/2010

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
Wow :blink: I dont see that on my emulator :wacko: You must have a higher refresh rate on your monitor if you can see that
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »
-that black is a product of the emulator disabling the radar layer and enabling the forecast layer. only reason it is seen is based off performance from the computer. i *might* be able to work around the situation by forcing the forecast layer to show before unloading the radar layer (thereby eliminating the emulator from quickly showing something empty).

-in regards to the airport product, currently i have it show one primary location, and 8 other locations. would it be possible to show more? yes, it could.. but do YOU really need it to show more than 8 other locations ? .. the book says the airport product can show 0-4 primary airport locations, however i believe one location is sufficient.

Offline tuez13

• Radio DJ, Graphic Designer & NWS Certified Storm Spotter & Tracker
  • 2 fried chickens & a Coke...
    • View Profile
    • South Meadows PWS
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 028785
  • SD Channel #: 3
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22928
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »
in regards to the maps, the radar comes from twc, and the satellite comes from wunderground. if you would like to try something else, the map must be able to be called as an image from a url, and in that url must include your latitude and longitude, along with the size resolution the map will cut. yea i know alot must happen here..

Very awesome!  I would assume since there is a sat/rad option and a radar option that there would also be an enhanced satellite option as well.  I could be wrong.  Do you know, Brian?  If there is, would that work for ease and consistency?

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »
There is an enhanced satellite in the emulator already. :yes:

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »
As far-fetched as this may sound I am making a XL radar map. I have found some old files I worked on and I'm basically halfway done. If in the final product I am able to provide an efficient and accurate map would you be willing to implement it into the emulator? And if so would it be okay If it is scaled to this NWS map here?: http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/NAT_20100808_1908.gif

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
As far-fetched as this may sound I am making a XL radar map. I have found some old files I worked on and I'm basically halfway done. If in the final product I am able to provide an efficient and accurate map would you be willing to implement it into the emulator? And if so would it be okay If it is scaled to this NWS map here?: http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/NAT_20100808_1908.gif

Only thing I see wrong here is that the radar shows the lower frequencies of precipitation... like the blues and the greys :hmm:

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

Only thing I see wrong here is that the radar shows the lower frequencies of precipitation... like the blues and the greys :hmm:

Yeah thats the only down side...What radar would you suggest I use?

Offline tuez13

• View Profile
    • South Meadows PWS
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »
There is an enhanced satellite in the emulator already. :yes:

Yeah, I know. 

To clarify...the Wunderground set views don't match up with the others grabbed from TWC's interactive images.  Plus, the Wunderground regional view set for my location is centered over Nebraska, placing the banner over North Dakota whereas the TWC maps are centered over my set lat/lon.  The current maps grabbed from TWC are: local/regional radar and local/regional enhanced satellite and radar composite.  I figured there is an option to swap out the Wunderground map for the TWC map with just the enhanced satellite.

Offline tuez13

• View Profile
    • South Meadows PWS
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2010, 05:11:43 PM »
What's the latest, Brian? :D Need any help with anything??