March 28, 2024, 12:20:36 PM

Author Topic: YouTube Clips  (Read 3939 times)

Offline imin

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • Rickso Facto Music
YouTube Clips
« on: July 22, 2021, 09:35:20 PM »
Hey Guys,
1st you have to know that I am sincerely honored and grateful that folks have enjoyed my music on The Weather Channel but, please understand Songwriters get paid less than a penny for YouTube streams and I’m not get paid at all.

You see, YouTube AI doesn't recognize my music that's being used in the videos that have been posted over the years as YouTube clips from the Weather Channel broadcasts, because my song title isn't included in that person's video clip title. Most are including my information only as a part of their description underneath the video clip from The Weather Channel (thank you for that) but, they did not include it as a part of the title on YouTube...so YouTube doesn't pick it up.

Actually need a way to ask everyone with my music in their clips to please, please edit their video attributions. Don’t want them to take them down because then I won’t be paid for the number of plays they have accumulated to date.  Just need the titles edited.

Will you please ask any folks whom you may know who have vid clips from The Weather Channel which happen to use my music to PLEASE edit your YouTube titles to include my name and song title too?

Can you think of a way to get this request out to others?

Thank you again for all your support,
~Jeanne Ricks

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 735
  • SD Channel #: 97
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23531
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: YouTube Clips
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 11:40:43 PM »
It's good to hear from you, Ms. Ricks. I just updated one video I have with your original version of "Simple Pleasures" to include said title and your name, and I contacted a bunch of my friends to suggest they do the same thing for you, hopefully, they'll follow through. Also, is there a chance the original "Simple Pleasures", "Summer Rain", and "Nobody's Fool" would ever show up in full length anywhere?

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 08:27:37 AM »
Hey Guys,
1st you have to know that I am sincerely honored and grateful that folks have enjoyed my music on The Weather Channel but, please understand Songwriters get paid less than a penny for YouTube streams and I’m not get paid at all.

You see, YouTube AI doesn't recognize my music that's being used in the videos that have been posted over the years as YouTube clips from the Weather Channel broadcasts, because my song title isn't included in that person's video clip title. Most are including my information only as a part of their description underneath the video clip from The Weather Channel (thank you for that) but, they did not include it as a part of the title on YouTube...so YouTube doesn't pick it up.

Actually need a way to ask everyone with my music in their clips to please, please edit their video attributions. Don’t want them to take them down because then I won’t be paid for the number of plays they have accumulated to date.  Just need the titles edited.

Will you please ask any folks whom you may know who have vid clips from The Weather Channel which happen to use my music to PLEASE edit your YouTube titles to include my name and song title too?

~Jeanne Ricks

It’s a pleasure to hear back from you after all these years. You may want to look into contacting YouTube directly about this situation. They have a form available here: https://support.google.com/youtube/contact/copyright_management_tools_form

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 10:25:00 AM »
Hey Guys,

~Jeanne Ricks

Hey Jeanne, I just updated the titles of my LF vids on my YouTube channel that include your songs "Simple Pleasure" and "Winter Heat". I found about nine clips total that I've captured with those songs, recorded between December 6, 2004 and August 5, 2017.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:30:19 AM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Oxtail

• King of ne KS and mo fan of jazz by Joyce cooling
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 08:56:20 PM »
King Peyton I Of Kansas City