April 19, 2024, 05:43:24 PM

Author Topic: Classic LF Questions  (Read 12518 times)

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 735
  • SD Channel #: 97
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23531
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Classic LF Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
To anybody reading this who had the WeatherSTAR XL from 1999-2004, do you remember ever seeing Haze on the XL CC screen showing the Sunny/Clear icon? There are a few instances of this on famartin1's videos from July 1999, but I don't recall ever seeing that on an XL before (in person or online), I was wondering if this could be narrated as "Under fair skies with haze.", or if this just says "Under hazy skies.". I have, however, seen at least one 4000 video with Hazy on the CC screen showing the Sunny icon, although the LDL shows Fair. I was also wondering if this was later changed to just show as Fair, or if Fair with Haze was such a rare report (I'm assuming that's the observation as the Trenton station was not human operated).

Offline TWCKal

• View Profile
    • twc today forums
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: 33460
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 12:49:33 PM »
I saw that a couple times. I thought it's pretty interesting, They also did that to the partly cloudy icons too, (If ur also talking about that) (P.S I'm kal el animations)

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 735
  • SD Channel #: 97
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23531
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 07:40:56 PM »
I saw that a couple times. I thought it's pretty interesting, They also did that to the partly cloudy icons too, (If ur also talking about that) (P.S I'm kal el animations)
I was mostly talking about the "Sunny/Clear" icon, but yeah, "Haze" could use the "Cloudy", "Mostly Cloudy", or the "Partly Cloudy" icon, depending on the sky condition, but it seemed that if it was "Fair with Haze", this was just shown as "Fair", until I saw those clips, since I had never seen "Haze" on an XL use the "Sunny/Clear" or the "Fair" icon before that. If I had seen that years ago, it would stand out in my mind, so they may have just shown that as "Fair" later on.