April 19, 2024, 12:00:33 AM

Author Topic: Radar Maps?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Radar Maps?
« on: October 10, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
Hey Brian, I'm not sure if this is an issue you can fix or not, but the radar maps seem to be using the actual maps instead of the Satellite imagery maps. :thinking:

Thanks if you can look into it. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Btw, my user ID is Zach.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:09:06 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Re: Radar Maps?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
Zach, I noticed the same thing yesterday when I fired up the emulator. It appears that the radar source that I was using (TWC) is no longer providing that base map coloring for this radar product. In my opinion, without the proper base map, it looks ugly. I was looking for alternatives that could be used instead and came across wunderground (who also provides the satellite imagery map). Let me know how you think these look..

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Yes, I like the Wunderground maps :)

Also Brian, since I created a new user account.. I made the configuration to match my old CINE account and on the old CINE account you got the Extended Forecast to work for my area, but since I configured it to the new account it's showing up as blank again :hmm: can that be looked into as well? ID is Zach :thumbsup:

Thanks!
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
Zach, I was able to implement into the emulator the following changes this evening:

-Replaced all TWC radar maps with wunderground radar maps.
-Removed the Sat/Rad radar at the end of the Local Forecast loop and replaced it with the Local Radar
-Placed the 'SponsorLogo' on the 'Warning' frame.

Heres a video clip:

Weatherscan Local Emulator - 10/12/12

All these updates will be available in the next release. Any more suggestions, please let me know..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:50:40 AM by cc17926 »

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
Additionally, I fixed the below problem. I found out what was happening, this was server-related and this shouldn't happen anymore. This also corrected a problem with the Boating Forecast.

Also Brian, since I created a new user account.. I made the configuration to match my old CINE account and on the old CINE account you got the Extended Forecast to work for my area, but since I configured it to the new account it's showing up as blank again :hmm: can that be looked into as well? ID is Zach :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:30:07 AM by cc17926 »