WeatherScan Local Emulator Project > Latest Release Information

Emulator Release - October 2012

(1/6) > >>

cc17926:
Hey guys,
Here is the next release of the emulator which fixes many of the issues seen as of late:
-Radar source changed. The emulator now uses wunderground maps.
-Changed location of resources online. URL's change over time. Updated and corrected.
-Cleaned up some code.
-Added Urban/City theme pack.
-Removed the beta Sat/Rad product, sorry this didn't work out.
-Removed the Registration Key function out of the program. Verifying your email address when creating your account is sufficient. This only complicated the install.

I have rebuilt the installer from scratch. This will REQUIRE that you have administrator privileges to install, and also to run. Running this on the user-level is not optional, and running on the user-level causes the program to function improperly. Releasing patches in .ZIP format seems too complicated, and also causes the Windows Installshield box to continuously pop-up.

When installing this, please make sure you back up your music directory, sponsor logos, and any customized themes. Uninstall the current version, and erase the C:\wsxl directory completely. This will complicate a clean install if you have not removed this directory and its content's.

To download the new copy, access the CINE server by going to http://wxcine.com:21863/
Login to the portal using your emulator credentials, then download the wizard from the link on the side menu under 'Downloads'.

To use this build of the emulator, access CINE. Select 'Review Cfg'n' from the side menu, and then select 'Build Now' under your configured settings. This will rebuild your active configuration to work with the new version.

All products should be working as of this writing, EXCEPT for Traffic. I have been unable to find a reliable resource for this data.

Enjoy! Please refer to the appropriate forum if any trouble is being experienced.

TWCJim:
Works great! I did everything you said to do and downloaded the new release. Thanks Brian  :biggrin:

cc17926:
Jim, Glad to hear this is working for you! Enjoy!

--- Quote from: TWCJim on October 16, 2012, 12:33:08 PM ---Works great! I did everything you said to do and downloaded the new release. Thanks Brian  :biggrin:

--- End quote ---

Plane, I reviewed your config. I removed Traffic from your line up as it is not working properly. I need a new data source for it. I rebuilt your config. Try again and let me know if this works.

--- Quote from: plane852 on October 16, 2012, 12:37:40 PM ---Thanks for the new release, Brian. I do have an issue when trying to run the emulator - I get the error message attached below. This is my first time using the emulator and I looked around the boards and didn't find an issue similar to this. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Mr. Rainman:
Brian - no change, I'm still getting the same error.

cc17926:

--- Quote from: plane852 on October 16, 2012, 02:04:29 PM ---Brian - no change, I'm still getting the same error.

--- End quote ---

Lets move this to Help/Support, located here: https://twctodayforums.com/forums/help-and-support/file-open-error-4615/msg176823/#new

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version