WeatherScan Local Emulator Project > Latest Release Information

Emulator Release - January 2009

(1/9) > >>

cc17926:
Sorry for the month delay on the promised release. I have been busy with work and other things to release the program in a timely manner, however since there is a great deal of weather out there today, i figure "putting it all together" now would be the most perfect time. There have been a great deal of changes since the last time any of the members have used the emulator, some of these are the following:
-You may re-ordering packages used, with this, you will only need to configure what you are going to use, instead of all objects! The "Up Next..." pages look cleaner because the renderer will dynamically make the frames used.
-Extended play doppler radars, the emulator will collect through continual usage a loop of 24 frames (2 hours). At first start, the emulator begins at 6 frames (half hour) and adds frames as its left running.
-Traffic data will be downloaded by the config server when the emulator is running. If the emulator is not being used for over an hour, traffic data will not be downloaded by the config server, and the emulator will display a "Temporarly Unavailable for 15 minutes" message.
-Semi-Self Provisioning, if you have a login to the config server, that is all you need to download the emulator and recieve the key needed to run the emulator. The key will be encoded when you run the emulator for the first time, or if the past key expired, by selecting "Get My Key" from the emulator's registration panel.

Three Major notes about this release:
1. I have no idea how to clear up this Windows Vista bug with a new installation, you MUST run the program, and "Set Affiliate" program as Administrator (by right-clicking). If anyone knows a way around this or a suggestion, drop that in here or shoot me a message.
2. You MUST uninstall the previous release of the emulator before installing this one, so make sure you save your affilate logo that you enjoy using!
3. If you have previously had the emulator installed before, you must follow these steps

Please check one thing, verify the emulator is running from C:\wsxl\wsxl.exe
if it is infact running from that location, goto start->run and plugin:
C:\wsxl\wsxl.exe unregister
a box will appear, requesting you to press [1] [2] [3] [ OK ]
then try the emulator again like normal.

How to enjoy this release:
1. Make your Package changes on the config server: http://copper.yi.org:21863
2. Make any additional changes, then build your configuration. (Link at the bottom of ' Review Cfg'n' page).
3. Download the emulator from the 'Download and Keys' page.
4. Set your Affilate ID (this is your login to the config server).
5. Run the emulator.

Final note:
If you recieve the Error box complaining about an expired key, select the "No" option to revert to the original default configuration. From there, you can "Get My Key".

If you do not have a login to the config server and would like to use this emulator, please contact Martin or me, and we will help you out!

Stephen:
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out! :biggrin:

BTW, could one of you PM me my log-in information? I forgot it since last release.

iPod:
It's a good thing I'm having a snow day today!

Mike M:

--- Quote from: iPod on January 27, 2009, 11:12:39 AM ---It's a good thing I'm having a snow day today!

--- End quote ---
Hopefully I'll have one tomorrow. :)

Mike M:
When I go to the Weatherscan folder in my program files to edit the logo, the folder seems to be empty. :unsure:

Also, I have Newark set as one of my local cities and it hasn't been reporting current weather. For the record, the sky conditions according to NWS are mostly cloudy right now (as of 1:51 PM ET).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version