Weather Discussion > Winter Weather

Winter Storm Thread: 2011-12 Season

(1/18) > >>

Mr. Rainman:
It's only the first week of October, but after seeing the first Winter Storm Warnings of the winter season across the Sierra Nevada and parts of the Rockies, I figured this thread should be opened up. Any winter storm coming around that you think should be mentioned? Post about it here!

I'm personally hoping for an active winter, although not near as active as last year. The fact that La Nina is back in play suggests that, once again, New England and the Northern Plains could be facing a rough one. The Southeast may get to see some snow too, depending on the overall weather pattern.

Eric:
Oh, geez... New England suffered enough last winter!  Between the middle of December and February 8th (I believe), eastern Massachusetts had steady snow (more than just flurries or a passing snow shower) once every two or three days without exception.

Believe it or not, the total snowfall accumulations weren't even close to the all-time records.  There were a couple of big storms, but the majority of the snow came with just a few inches here and a few inches there - enough to create aggravation by requiring the plows to run practically every day for two months and adding to the snowbanks - but not enough to break records.

Mr. Rainman:
Looks like Denver is going to get some respectable snow totals tomorrow or Wednesday...and HPC is a bit bullish on a prediction of accumulating snowfall in Pennsylvania and New York by Friday.

gt1racerlHDl:
Nor'easter may be in the cards saturday in MA and all of New England. even maybe snow in SE Mass :o

toxictwister00:
I guess Jim jinxed it, the other night he said he didn't buy into the EURO model showing a Nor'Easter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version