Weather Discussion > Winter Weather

2012-2013 Winter Outlook

(1/11) > >>

toxictwister00:
I know it's rather early still, but since it won't be but about another month or so for most weather sites to release their Winter outlooks. I figured I would start this now since Accuweather seems to be one of the earliest ones to release one. It may have been just luck but they did nail the prediction for the Southeast Region. I don't know how they verified for other regions.

I might also post a Winter Outlook, but it will be regional for now. I might work on one nationally also. :yes:

SOURCE: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-for-i-95-corridor-northeast-winter/69820

gt1racerlHDl:
As much as i want alot of snow this winter i won't be surprised if all we get is frigid cold spells in New England.

toxictwister00:
About the only thing I feel confident about so far for this winter. I'll work on a full outlook in November.

TWCCraig:
I will be confident about this winter's forecast if we were able to predict the NAO values to far out dates. Being that the NAO is the prominent force in controlling winters in the US, it's way too early to see what will happen. Usually you can tell by the end of October what the winter is going to be like. For example, signs such as a early season snowstorm tend to lead to warmer winters, like what happened in the 2011-2012 winter season.

TWCToday:
As much as i'd like to believe it i've heard mixed stories in the weather community. Plus Accuweathers track record is hit or miss. Granted a lot of people got last winter wrong

NYC got 4.5 in of snow last season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version