April 25, 2024, 04:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 3356 times)

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Trayvon Martin
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
I would like to know if any of you guys here on TWCT are following the murder of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, and would like to know how outraged and appalled you are. I know I am. Because this was an innocent 17-year-old kid walking down the street, and a bigoted, evil racist like George Zimmerman was on a mission to kill him because he happens to be Black and "look suspicious." This is yet another case of the ugly history and reality of our country, which is racism, along with discrimination and racial profiling. The kid has Skittles and iced tea in his bag for goodness, sakes!!! And how is Zimmerman still free, and still with his gun license?!  :nono: The Sanford Police has been callous and heartless in their treatment of this case, and finally, there is at least some movement because the Sanford commission voted no confidence against the police chief.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706876/sanford-commission-votes-no-confidence.html
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:07 AM »
Disgusting indeed. I'd be speechless if that happened to my kid, but racism is alive and  well even to this age. That guy needs life in prison

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:13:22 AM »
I really hope they get Zimmerman for being racist during his call to 911.. that's really not what a neighborhood watchguard is supposed to do :angry:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:30:28 AM »
There's a somewhat similar case that occurred in Mississippi with a 19yo white male teenager that purposely ran over and killed a black man as a hate crime, but I won't derail this thread with that case.

There is so many problems and controversy circulating around this case it's mind boggling. For one, FL obviously needs to reevaluate it's "Stand Your Ground" law because there are serious loopholes in it if it's allowing Zimmerman to still be free right now. He shouldn't be protected under that law if Trayvon himself wasn't armed with any firearm or weapon so Zimmerman can't claim self defense for shooting him. The way this law is being treated it's basically say, "Hey, you got a gun and you don't like someone go shoot em, it's cool it'll only be self defense right?" What's starling is the homicide rate jumped 3x what it was prior to the law, I don't see how that doesn't raise eyebrows.  :huh:

Hopefully Zimmerman will be rotting in prison very soon he needs to suffer for what he did. It's very sickening to keep hearing and seeing about things like this happening. :(

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »
This is yet another case of the ugly history and reality of our country, which is racism, along with discrimination and racial profiling.
Yah, that's all this country has been good for. :rolleyes:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
All I can say for now is that Florida's "stand your ground" law does not apply if you use a force stronger than what the person you are using self defense on is armed with :no: or at least its supposed to.. :hammer:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
Now the police chief Bill Lee is "temporarily stepping down", like if he is doing anyone a favor.   :hammer:  He needs to be permanently removed!!!

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:31:38 PM »
That's just  :censored: awful that a racist man killed an innocent African-American kid for "self defense." People like him need to be sent to the chair, or better yet, shot and killed by another person just to see how they like it!   :hammer:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Pop Light Brown

• Ultimate Member
  • Bonjour!
    • View Profile
  • SD WxStar ID #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 01:35:31 AM »
I'm not gonna go all out and call Zimmerman racist, for I don't know his history.

However, I do recall reading that he was acting like a wannabe cop when he was on Neighborhood Watch patrol and has gotten complaints from his neighbors about his tactics.

The cops fumbled this case by now checking to see if Trayvon used his phone that night and just going by Zimmerman's word only. Now that we know that, they have egg on their face. I'm glad the state and the feds are getting involved. I expect the grand jury to indict Zimmerman on second degree murder or manslaughter.
See also #23622, Ch. 31, Hammond, La.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
I'm not gonna go all out and call Zimmerman racist, for I don't know his history.

However, I do recall reading that he was acting like a wannabe cop when he was on Neighborhood Watch patrol and has gotten complaints from his neighbors about his tactics.

The cops fumbled this case by now checking to see if Trayvon used his phone that night and just going by Zimmerman's word only. Now that we know that, they have egg on their face. I'm glad the state and the feds are getting involved. I expect the grand jury to indict Zimmerman on second degree murder or manslaughter.

It is well documented that Zimmerman has made past calls to 911 concerning Black men, so yes, he is racist. Also he said "bleeping coon" in the tape about Trayvon. The irony in all this, is that according to people like Geraldo Rivera, young Black and Latino men shouldn't walk around wearing hoodies, or else they would look threatening. But a middle-aged White coach like Bill Belichick wears it, and it is no big deal, and he is affectionately called "the Hoodie." As a young Black man, I already knew that there were a different set of rules once you step foot out of the door, even before the murder of Trayvon. I knew that I could not wear certain things, say certain things, do certain things, or go certain places. That is at the core of all this. The whole stereotype of Black men being dangerous and threatening. That mentality was embedded in Zimmerman's thinking.

- From "Moesha"

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
I knew there had to be more to the story. Pointing out once again that it's important to get all the facts in BEFORE you judge. :hammer:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
What utter bs that witness is. IMO, you never know if it was someone hired by Zimmerman to testify to Sanford Police in his favor.. after all, Zimmerman is a free man for now. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:55:17 PM by Zach »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
I knew there had to be more to the story. Pointing out once again that it's important to get all the facts in BEFORE you judge. :hammer:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

Sure, it's important to listen to all sides of the story, but I think this is a little too "convenient" if you ask me.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »
Everyone, please tone it down a little.  I think all of you are jumping to conclusions way too soon.  I don't have any opinion on this case and will not form one until the entire legal process is over.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
What utter bs that witness is. IMO, you never know if it was someone hired by Zimmerman to testify to Sanford Police in his favor.. after all, Zimmerman is a free man for now. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that is a complete lie; he was probably paid to say that.  <_<

- From "Moesha"