July 02, 2024, 11:03:06 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327593 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14070 on: February 24, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
You could have it repaired, but if it's not under warranty, the cost of the repair depends on what the problem is.  Otherwise, your only real option is to buy a new unit.  It's very hard to find VCRs for sale without DVD players these days.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14071 on: February 24, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
You could have it repaired, but if it's not under warranty, the cost of the repair depends on what the problem is.  Otherwise, your only real option is to buy a new unit.  It's very hard to find VCRs for sale without DVD players these days.

Before you posted that, I was just looking around my house earlier today to see if I could find an old VCR/DVD combo, and I found one, hooked it up to my recorder, tested a VHS tape, and it still works  :biggrin:  I'll just go ahead use the external VCR  from now on to digitize any VHS tapes I still have  :yes:  until my recorder should ever break down completely, but I doubt that'll happen in the near future  :P
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14072 on: February 25, 2013, 08:36:57 PM »
Last week in my Rastering (Photoshop) class we had to make up our own original movie posters. I chose to go Sci-Fi with a doomsday plot. I called it "THE FINAL HOUR" This is how it came out. We had to present these in class and the one and only criticism I got was the same one I had a hard time trying to fix and that was Leonardo Dicaprio's head kinda looks like it's floating in the air. I tried to blend it in a bit better, but that was the best I could do.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14073 on: February 26, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »
Tavores, the scary part about your poster is that you didn't choose an original title. :P  It's already been taken by two books currently on sale at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Final-Hour-Homelanders/dp/B007SRWBAA

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Hour-Michael-Harold-Brown/dp/1579181333

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14074 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »
I need your help if possible. My new Dell Inspiron was stuck shutting down as it said shutting down for over 30 minutes. I closed the lid as I was getting ready to sleep and now I can't turn the pc back on. The power and operating lights are still on but nothing turns on. I think it may have gotten stuck while it was updating but I never saw anything about installing updates. What do I do?? Laptop is completely unresponsive

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14075 on: February 26, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
I need your help if possible. My new Dell Inspiron was stuck shutting down as it said shutting down for over 30 minutes. I closed the lid as I was getting ready to sleep and now I can't turn the pc back on. The power and operating lights are still on but nothing turns on. I think it may have gotten stuck while it was updating but I never saw anything about installing updates. What do I do?? Laptop is completely unresponsive
You need to manually shut it off with the power button by holding it down for several seconds.  If that doesn't work, unplug everything from it and take out the battery so that there's nothing to power it.  Then, hold down the power button for a few seconds to clear out anything internally to ensure it's completely without power.  Once you're done, you may put everything back and power it on.  I've done this before with mine, and it can happen when Windows gets stuck shutting down.

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 47
« Reply #14076 on: February 26, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »
I recently bought a Samsung LED 1080p TV.  First one I bought and very disappointed.  The picture quality is terrible.  The colors are way off and you can't adjust the colors to where the colors should be.  The white letters, etc. are not bright.  Looks like you're looking at it with sunglasses on.   This TV is going back to the store.  Probably never buy anything Samsung again.   :thumbdown:

Should've bought a Sony Bravia, which I have.  The picture on it is excellent.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14077 on: February 26, 2013, 04:24:45 PM »
No offense, Bryan, but why do you need an individual page for this? Maybe put it in the Pot Belly section next time so that we don't get too cluttered.  :wave: However, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sometimes you just get a damaged model or it just wasn't the best quality. It happens sometimes.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14078 on: February 26, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »
Bryan and everyone else, please use the Pot Belly Stove or the Front Porch in the future for random thoughts.  There needs to be a focused topic that can carry the conversation through a bunch of posts to warrant being by itself.  Furthermore, we can easily turn a subject into an individual topic if it warrants.  I have merged your Samsung topic here, but the restaurant topic is one that isn't needed as several already exist from a simple search of the forum.

My first HD TV was a LCD from Samsung that experienced a strange issue internally after a couple years, but I found a second Samsung TV that is LED and works great to where I can adjust the colors right where they should be!  My entire family got Samsung TVs when we joined the HD world, and they love them.  You can't base your judgments just on one product out of a whole assembly line.  Sony and Samsung are both perfectly good for HD.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
You need to manually shut it off with the power button by holding it down for several seconds.  If that doesn't work, unplug everything from it and take out the battery so that there's nothing to power it.  Then, hold down the power button for a few seconds to clear out anything internally to ensure it's completely without power.  Once you're done, you may put everything back and power it on.  I've done this before with mine, and it can happen when Windows gets stuck shutting down.
Thanks that helped

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14080 on: February 26, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »
Thanks that helped
Glad that helped you.  It has happened to me a few times, especially when Windows is left on for a long time without rebooting.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: February 26, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »
Thanks that helped
Glad that helped you.  It has happened to me a few times, especially when Windows is left on for a long time without rebooting.
That wasn't the case though. I got frustrated at some times because they keep installing updates before shutting down and these updates can take quite a while to fully finish.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: February 26, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
I recently bought a Samsung LED 1080p TV.  First one I bought and very disappointed.  The picture quality is terrible.  The colors are way off and you can't adjust the colors to where the colors should be.  The white letters, etc. are not bright.  Looks like you're looking at it with sunglasses on.   This TV is going back to the store.  Probably never buy anything Samsung again.   :thumbdown:

Should've bought a Sony Bravia, which I have.  The picture on it is excellent.

My parents have a Sony Bravia in their bedroom. They love it. I have another Sony TV as well in the living room, I've had that television since late 2005.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #14083 on: February 26, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »
Finally back at home from the ER. I had to have my appendix removed. Most painful thing I've ever experienced. Glad to see you all are holding down the fort. :)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14084 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
According to Portland's NWS website, it looks like they now issue small craft advisories separately (for hazardous seas, rough bar, winds, etc.) instead of together as one advisory  :hmm:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:12:50 PM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)