April 24, 2024, 07:06:19 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1301404 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14040 on: February 07, 2013, 03:29:03 AM »
I love backgammon.  I just have no one to play it with.  :(

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14041 on: February 07, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »
You would have to teach me how that game works.  I've seen that board somewhere else during my childhood, but I don't know the objective of the game or how to play it.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14042 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »
My school went into a lock down today after a shooting at a train station nearby. Lots of police in the area and police helicopters were flying until they captured the person. I got to get out this place.  :no:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14043 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:26 PM »
You would have to teach me how that game works.  I've seen that board somewhere else during my childhood, but I don't know the objective of the game or how to play it.

You have to move the checkers from one side of the board to the other and then be the first to remove all of them from the board.  It's one of those games that is easy to learn but difficult to master.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #14044 on: February 07, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »
My school went into a lock down today after a shooting at a train station nearby. Lots of police in the area and police helicopters were flying until they captured the person. I got to get out this place.  :no:
City life my friend. :) It certainly makes things more interesting

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14045 on: February 07, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
Life in general, crime inevitably happens everywhere.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: February 08, 2013, 01:44:43 AM »
I met a local meteorologist earlier this evening, Dan Zarrow, of News 12 NJ. Apparently he is now a meteorologist and assistant for my school's climatologist office, which employs students from the Geography and Meteorology departments.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14047 on: February 09, 2013, 11:22:09 PM »
I met a local meteorologist earlier this evening, Dan Zarrow, of News 12 NJ. Apparently he is now a meteorologist and assistant for my school's climatologist office, which employs students from the Geography and Meteorology departments.
Geography and Meteorology are often lumped together a lot.  Virginia Tech's Geography Department created the new Meteorology program a year ago, so you can see how the two disciplines overlap often in university settings.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: February 10, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »

Geography and Meteorology are often lumped together a lot.  Virginia Tech's Geography Department created the new Meteorology program a year ago, so you can see how the two disciplines overlap often in university settings.

Yep, Western Kentucky University has the Geography BS Program with Land, Climate and Weather Track for those who want to deal with a less math intensive curriculum. That's my perfect major right there: http://meteorology.blog.wku.edu/who-should-purue-the-bs-geography-degree-meteorology-track/

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14049 on: February 10, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »
Well, I never thought I'd see it, but apparently the weather got bad enough up here that we got...well, just a 2 hour delay. But that's better than nothing, I suppose.  :yes:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
 :rofl2: If we had your weather, we'd be out for the whole month (and I'm not exaggerating).

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14051 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
They closed school here for today. A little surprised. Other than the threat of a little freezing rain, the roads are drivable, especially since it's raining now. We could a very active 2 weeks in terms of snow. Could have a 4-8" storm Thurs, another potential blizzard on Sunday and the GFS is hinting at even another storm around the 21st. Too bad we already have off that week. We'll be going to school in July with all these snow days and days lost from Hurricane Sandy.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: February 11, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
In my Vector Graphics class our first project is to make a Jazz poster in Adobe Illustrator. Here are two of three drafts I've been working on. My Vector Graphics teacher saw a version fairly similar to Sample 1 and said she loved it. She asked me if I felt there should be anything else added to it and told her I wasn't sure. Boy, ever since I said that I've been sketching and drawing with the pen tool most of today trying to decide on a final design to submit for a grade. :P What do you all think?

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14053 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
That's a great design :biggrin:

Now for my picky side  :P on the purple eighth note at the top, there's a bit of a shape sticking out and the hands on the brown saxophonist at the bottom have a blue-ish outline around them
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14054 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
That's a great design :biggrin:

Now for my picky side  :P on the purple eighth note at the top, there's a bit of a shape sticking out and the hands on the brown saxophonist at the bottom have a blue-ish outline around them

Thanks for bringing that to my attention because actually it's not an outline, it's just the way I drew the hands with the pen tool. See, I drew the body first, then the shades, saxophone, and then the hands and grouped it all together afterwards. The blueish looking outline is from the blueish/purple background that image along with the other silhouette jazz players are on. I'll probably have to redraw them over with the pen tool again. I'm also gonna fix the outlines of the musical notes because I'm aware some of them are squiggly. I'll have to use the direct selection tool for that.

I settled on going with Sample 2 as my final draft to submit, but with the revisions I mentioned.

NintenGamers Nation