April 25, 2024, 11:08:56 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1301852 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13425 on: January 22, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
I dunno

Though I don't have either, I think Zach means After Effects is a better program to make emulations with.  For example, when you see Tyler make his emulations, he normally states that he has used After Effects to make them.

What I want to know is how you all can afford it.  It's over $500! :blink:
Andy is correct. It would be Adobe After Effects. However, don't feel so ambitious right away to use it. It took me a long while to know how to use Adobe After Effects in the fashion of which I chose to use it, and believe me, I am still learning. Also, if you're considering creating emulations the way that me, Chazz, Derek, Tyler, etc create them, you're gonna need to know how to use Photoshop beyond how a novice user uses it.

You must have really been dedicated to learning the ways of Photoshop, Zach!  I remember back about a year or so ago when you used to have GIMP and just made the transition to PS.  Now look how far you've come. :)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13426 on: January 22, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
ok so maybe making emulations on After Effects is a bad idea. and you said $500? That's kinda expensive

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13427 on: January 22, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
You must have really been dedicated to learning the ways of Photoshop, Zach!  I remember back about a year or so ago when you used to have GIMP and just made the transition to PS.  Now look how far you've come. :)
Lol, that was two years ago :P but thanks Andy!! :)

ok so maybe making emulations on After Effects is a bad idea. and you said $500? That's kinda expensive
You just said that your father's PC has AE on it, and now you're implying that you want to purchase it? :wacko: I'm confused!
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13428 on: January 22, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Our editing director at church said that when he went to an event held by Adobe, they asked how many people had After Effects. Then they asked how many people had a legal copy of After Effects, and only a few hands remained up. I think my hand would have to go down on that one. I do plan on buying it SOMETIME, but not anytime soon LOL

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: January 22, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »
Lol, that was two years ago :P but thanks Andy!! :)

You just said that your father's PC has AE on it, and now you're implying that you want to purchase it? :wacko: I'm confused!
Becuase I didn't know computers could have AE installed already. He purchased a very expensive Vaio last August, that's probably why he got a free copy of AE on it. Either way, when I get home I should toy around with the thing and see what I can come up with.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: January 22, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
Our editing director at church said that when he went to an event held by Adobe, they asked how many people had After Effects. Then they asked how many people had a legal copy of After Effects, and only a few hands remained up. I think my hand would have to go down on that one. I do plan on buying it SOMETIME, but not anytime soon LOL

What's considered a non-legal copy of After Effects? :dunno:  Don't worry, I'm not trying to bust you or anything Austin.  I know sometimes sites online have programs that you can download for free, although I don't remember seeing any for After Effects.  So maybe it's a trial version or "simpler" version?

And Victor, I just typed in "After Effects" in Google, scrolled to the one with the Google Product search (shopping results) and discovered it was $524 for PC and $589 for Mac.  There may be additional costs, too, if you look at the prices for it at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, it is near $1000! :o  Amazon offers it for a little over $600.  Once again, you guys who have it must have a lot of money in your pocket. :P

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: January 22, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
My copy is legit, though it was given to me by a friend. Also, I have CS4.. the current version is CS5.5
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: January 22, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
I hope my copy of AE is legit..after all it was pre-installed on the computer when he received it and he ordered it directly from the Sony store. if I do end up having to upgrade to the full product though (sometimes these preinstalled programs are just trial programs) then it might not be wise to fork up another $500 just to use a product that I'd have no experience using it anyways

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13433 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »

What's considered a non-legal copy of After Effects? :dunno:  Don't worry, I'm not trying to bust you or anything Austin.  I know sometimes sites online have programs that you can download for free, although I don't remember seeing any for After Effects.  So maybe it's a trial version or "simpler" version?

And Victor, I just typed in "After Effects" in Google, scrolled to the one with the Google Product search (shopping results) and discovered it was $524 for PC and $589 for Mac.  There may be additional costs, too, if you look at the prices for it at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, it is near $1000! :o  Amazon offers it for a little over $600.  Once again, you guys who have it must have a lot of money in your pocket. :P

Non-legal copy = Pirated copy

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13434 on: January 23, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »
You *should* buy Adobe products directly from the bookstore at school, if it was possible. You get discounted adobe software. but iirc you get the download version, not the physical software.

For those of you with an iPad 2: do not jailbreak. The jailbreak is so buggy and unstable that my iPad was slower than a snail crawling in the rain. It crashed 6 times within the first 2 minutes. Immediate restore in progress as of this moment.

Which is why you should never fix what's not broken. ;)
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #13435 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
Just had a chance to come back online, Fall River had 11" from this past snowstorm on Saturday.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: January 24, 2012, 04:04:22 PM »
I snapped a picture of a fire rainbow earlier this afternoon B)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13437 on: January 24, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Zach, don't mean to be corrective here, but that's a sundog. Coincidentally, I snapped a picture of one just yesterday.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: January 24, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
Zach, don't mean to be corrective here, but that's a sundog. Coincidentally, I snapped a picture of one just yesterday.
It's a fire rainbow alright.. it could just be the white balance on my camera wasn't set correctly or the factor that it was really faded

Also, yours appears to be one, too, but faded.. sun dogs are just tiny spots without a vibrant spectrum of colors and appear to be bright in the center

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13439 on: January 24, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
Taking a shower after getting frost bite is not fun. Now my fingers are swollen.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?