July 02, 2024, 11:06:06 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327595 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12945 on: November 04, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »
Daylight saving time ends this Sunday at 2 AM, so remember to set your clocks back one hour.  At least some of you can use that extra hour to rest up and get well.  Hope you feel better soon, Zach.

Ah, the real transition into late fall and winter...gotta get ready for those 6:30 sunrises/sunsets.  Honestly, why was the end of Daylight Savings pushed back just one week later? :wacko: I know they wanted to make Daylight Savings longer, but pushing the end date back by just one week and moving the start date up by just a couple of weeks doesn't really make a huge difference.

I guess they figure that any difference is better than no difference.  My beloved Russia decided to stay on summer time permanently.  Daylight savings time has been very controversial in Russia and the USSR, and has been an on again, off again thing over the decades.  Considering how far north Russia is, I think this is a good change.  The mornings will be darker longer, but the afternoons (not the evenings - the afternoons!) will be a little bit brighter.  :)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #12946 on: November 04, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
Daylight saving time ends this Sunday at 2 AM, so remember to set your clocks back one hour.  At least some of you can use that extra hour to rest up and get well.

or some of us night owls can enjoy an extra hour of the overnight playlist! (unless TWC uses the 2nd hour of 1pm as longform)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12947 on: November 04, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
This is crap.. TWC canned their free XML service in lieu for The Weather Channel API.. it costs $20/month to use the same :censored: features you could use the XML feed for... <_<
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: November 04, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
This is crap.. TWC canned their free XML service in lieu for The Weather Channel API.. it costs $20/month to use the same :censored: features you could use the XML feed for... <_<
The hell... Martin, whose idea was this?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: November 06, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »
LOTS of earthquakes this year. :blink:  One occured in Oklahoma City early Saturday morning around 2:12 am.  Then another occured around 11 pm tonight.  I am not sure if it was another "full" one or just an aftershock.

Unfortunately, I was asleep and missed the one from earlier this morning.  However, although I was not inside, I was walking close to my dorm building and heard a horrible "crackling" of bricks, then saw everyone running outside.  I couldn't say I really felt anything (because I was walking at a rather quick pace), but I could hear the building shaking.  Scary stuff.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12950 on: November 06, 2011, 12:59:09 AM »
LOTS of earthquakes this year. :blink:  One occured in Oklahoma City early Saturday morning around 2:12 am.  Then another occured around 11 pm tonight.  I am not sure if it was another "full" one or just an aftershock.

Unfortunately, I was asleep and missed the one from earlier this morning.  However, although I was not inside, I was walking close to my dorm building and heard a horrible "crackling" of bricks, then saw everyone running outside.  I couldn't say I really felt anything (because I was walking at a rather quick pace), but I could hear the building shaking.  Scary stuff.
You're just having a large number of aftershocks.  The 2:12 AM earthquake is the main one that's causing everything here.  It has been a strange year indeed for earthquakes.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: November 06, 2011, 01:12:16 AM »

You're just having a large number of aftershocks.  The 2:12 AM earthquake is the main one that's causing everything here.  It has been a strange year indeed for earthquakes.

So I guess aftershocks can be stronger than the real thing? Because the aftershock tonight was reported to be a 5.6 magnitude. The one at 2:12 AM Saturday was 4.8. :thinking:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12952 on: November 06, 2011, 01:30:41 AM »
So I guess aftershocks can be stronger than the real thing? Because the aftershock tonight was reported to be a 5.6 magnitude. The one at 2:12 AM Saturday was 4.8. :thinking:
No, this is not an aftershock.  If anything, you may have had precursor tremors before the actual one occurring now.  I suggest any earthquake talk for OK be taken to the new topic that was just created.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12953 on: November 07, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
Hey all.  Hope you are all doing well.  I haven't been around much due to :( :( school consuming my life. 
For the last couple of months I have been doing the weather for my school's television station.  I was so nervous the first time I did it (of course, who wouldn't be) but it has been great!.  So,  I would like your feedback on my performance.  This is my third time doing it.  There is one point where I really screwed up and sounded like an idiot haha.  But just let me know what you think..you don't have to be constructive..haha.

http://www.comm.niu.edu/comm/ntc/newstonight.shtml

Just click on "previous broadcast" on the right and I am around 10 minutes in. 

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: November 07, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
Nice video! Keep up the great work!

On an unrelated note, big news today from Los Angeles: Conrad Murray has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in a case regarding the death of Micheal Jackson.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12955 on: November 08, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »
i cant wait for christmas break to come anytime sooner :) Going to las vegas, grand canyon, Hoover Dam and perhaps the Reno/Tahoe area on my birthday to celebrate. I <3 the american west.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12956 on: November 08, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
More like "I can't wait till December" for me. No more school for me :D

I despise this hour change. I have to come home in the darkness. I hate driving in the dark :(
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: November 09, 2011, 06:48:48 AM »
I had to call out sick again today from school... I swear, this is not fun when you have to be absent twice in 2 weeks, and especially on a week with 4 days. :(
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: November 09, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »
Ever had a forecast for your area go bad?

For example, today in Grand Forks, they were calling for breezy conditions and mostly sunny skies...but this afternoon skies turned quickly overcast and we've had snow showers on and off all day.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12959 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
Ever had a forecast for your area go bad?

For example, today in Grand Forks, they were calling for breezy conditions and mostly sunny skies...but this afternoon skies turned quickly overcast and we've had snow showers on and off all day.

Plenty of times. On Christmas Day 2007, the forecast was for sunny skies and temps in the 50s, instead we got a COLD, raw heavy rain with temperatures in the 40s, there was also some sleet and thunder at the onslaught of the event.

One day back in June 2009 there was a forecast for sunny/hot conditions. Around 1pm the SPC issued a PDS Severe T'Storm Watch. This one still baffles me, we saw thunderstorms, but not to warrant the watch a Particularly Dangerous Situation!  :wacko:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA