July 02, 2024, 11:45:30 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327659 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12825 on: October 10, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »
The number of free books (both classics and new ones) is huge!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12826 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
Don't you love how you're taking an exam, and all of a sudden you panic and blank out? As a result, you forget the questions when you knew how to do them before in class and/or in the homework. I have such terrible test anxiety, taking exams has been difficult for me now. It's not really the time that's the cause but just the whole exam setting. I can't seem to handle it anymore.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
Don't you love how you're taking an exam, and all of a sudden you panic and blank out? As a result, you forget the questions when you knew how to do them before in class and/or in the homework. I have such terrible test anxiety, taking exams has been difficult for me now. It's not really the time that's the cause but just the whole exam setting. I can't seem to handle it anymore.

Have you considered talking to your professor about a specialized test-taking environment, or an extended test-taking time period? That could really help you out.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12828 on: October 10, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »

Have you considered talking to your professor about a specialized test-taking environment, or an extended test-taking time period? That could really help you out.
Yeah, this happened while I was taking my sociology and algebra exams. I did take them under extended test-taking but I have terrible anxiety where I just can't look at exams. I failed all my exams in all my classes so far, but I am doing very well with the quizzes and homework, so I really want to fix that. :/

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12829 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Yikes!  If you fail the exams, it, unfortunately, doesn't matter how well you do with everything else.

Obviously, if you're doing well with the material in class and at home, there's not really a problem with your absorption and understanding of it.  It seems like it really is your fear of exams is causing you this problem.

I would also recommend that you talk this over with your professors, but, in addition, your school probably has some counselling and/or mental health services that you should take advantage of.  If anyone can help you with your test anxiety, they can.

Most importantly, though - GET HELP ASAP!  Exams count for such a huge portion of your final grade that you won't want to go too long getting bad results on them before you just fail out of college altogether.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12830 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »
Going with what Eric said, you need to seek help immediately if you are suffering from extreme test anxiety. It's someone's job to be able to help you with that.

Also, welcome back Curt! It's nice to see some long-time inactive members, such as you and Chazz, drop by for a visit. :)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #12831 on: October 11, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
Does anyone think one of these computers are good for their price? i'm debating because i want to have a compatible computer for my WinTv 950Q tuner.

Dell or HP both $429.99

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12832 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
Does anyone think one of these computers are good for their price? i'm debating because i want to have a compatible computer for my WinTv 950Q tuner.

Dell or HP both $429.99

Personally I think its worth paying a little bit more for a system with an i5 cpu. It would handle your tuner better as well

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12833 on: October 11, 2011, 07:00:56 AM »

Dell or HP both $429.99

Personally I think its worth paying a little bit more for a system with an i5 cpu. It would handle your tuner better as well

I'm not quite an expert with AMD CPU's/processors, but I do know that AMD is known to have less system crashes - and I can tell you that. I had several computers with Intel inside (literally), and they crashed usually every month. This was just running a server environment. I've only had to have two AMD computers - one server and one PC. The server crashed once. The PC crashed whenever I put bullcrap on it (not literally).

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12834 on: October 11, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
so both 2.53Ghz systems are decieving? that's why I chose between those 2 (with intel processors). also I have 2 other cpus that run on AMD and my tuner doesn't work on them.

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12835 on: October 11, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
so both 2.53Ghz systems are decieving? that's why I chose between those 2 (with intel processors). also I have 2 other cpus that run on AMD and my tuner doesn't work on them.

I knew I was forgetting something.
Compatibility.
Many devices and software will not work on AMD or 64bit systems. Why? The computer is too fast for them. I don't go for either AMD or Intel, they're both good hardware providers. Get what you need is my philosophy.

Aside from this conversation, I have a feeling I might record some LF videos soon... but they won't be uploaded until after next weekend when I get some Intellistar and Weatherscan videos.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12836 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »
Anyways, who here thinks this system that is passing through FL/GA/AL is really a TD/TS? I know that I do...

I don't, because the invest is lacking in tropical characteristics. Just looks like a tropical low pressure system to me.

Now, I agree, but earlier and last night I really thought I should have been named.

Stu Ostro thinks it was a tropical storm and explains why, there's a link in the article to see Dr. Rick Knabb and Bryan Norcross' perspective on it also. For me, I think it was subtropical.

http://www.weather.com/blog/weather/8_25746.html

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12837 on: October 12, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »

Dell or HP both $429.99

Go for the Dell. Looks better than the HP.

But Martin's right, though. You should look for a computer with a better cpu than the one those computers have. Yeah it may cost a little more, but it'll be worth it.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12838 on: October 12, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
Had to make a new youtube page because my other one got up to 2 strikes  :club:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gt1racerlHDl

Follow it if you wish.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
Had to make a new youtube page because my other one got up to 2 strikes  :club:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gt1racerlHDl

Follow it if you wish.

OK, so all this copyrighted stuff seems like a big issue lately. People's accounts are getting strikes, closed, etc... Are companies creating stricter rules, is YouTube really starting to crack down, or are people just oblivious to these copyright rules? :dunno: Not to be rude, but I don't understand what's so hard about it.