July 04, 2024, 02:22:38 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1328907 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12810 on: October 06, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
Going back & forth from EC & Mexicali, I've picked up a Mexican accent...right now my accent is sluggish between English and Spanish. If you heard my voice right now, you could tell.
Thats kinda cool you picked it up :P

Whats up with youtube? I used to be able to browse a nice list of the most viewed videos for the day but now its this laggy mess. Is it like that for everyone now?

Offline theweatherchazz

• View Profile
    • The Weather Chazz's YouTube
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12811 on: October 06, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Good evening all!  How is everyone?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »
Fine, thanks!  You?

Are you the owner of all those videos on YouTube I enjoy watching?  :)

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #12813 on: October 07, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
Hi, Charles! Nice to see you stop by.  :wave:
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #12814 on: October 07, 2011, 08:01:39 AM »
wow hey charles it's been awhile! hopefully everything is well on your end.

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12815 on: October 08, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »
I've received my Kindle! I ordered the basic, generic Kindle ($79 w/ads), and I love it. It has inspired me to read more. I've already improvised a booklight for it, considering it does not have a backlight on it. It states it has about 1 1/4gb of usable memory once you add the dictionary onto it. Charging is fast, on about a half-charge it takes not even thirty minutes to hit full charge.

Despite how the reviews speak on Amazon.com, the newspapers you can buy or subscribe to are good. They aren't the greatest in the world, compared to the real thing, but hey - it at least has pictures and a nav menu.

Books, I find them to be overpriced. Most, if you'll look, are more than the paperback book. Their read quality is dependent on how well the publisher converted the formats. I've come across some doozie samples, but most are good quality. (That is something I need to make clear about Kindle books - DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE FIRST, and with Kindle newspapers - DON'T IMMEDIATELY SUBSCRIBE, BUY THE CURRENT ISSUE.

Kindle's platform is a modified Java framework; therefore, you should be prepared for a few freeze ups or slow downs, but all-in-all, it is pretty fast.

Whispernet - very fast. If you have the Kindle in a Wi-Fi area (and for the models that have 3G), you'll get it within around 10 to 20 seconds, and that is slow. I get mine immediately.

Finally, I do have to say the unit is really light, somewhat around a regular (small) paperback. It has five controls, the back, keyboard, 5-Way D-Pad, menu, and home buttons. Very easy to use (with the on-screen keyboard being the exception to this). Charging is simple - put the Kindle in screensaver mode and hook it up. To continue reading or browsing while charging, you must "eject" the Kindle from the computer. No, you don't unplug it, you go to the USB controls and eject the "AMAZON KINDLE." You have an option to set a password, but I advise making it simple unless you have all day to enter it on the God-awful on-screen keyboard. If you have .PDF or .DOCX/.DOC files, you can email them to the Kindle - but be sure it is in your "Approved Senders" list on Amazon (your email used for Amazon will work fine, since it will permanently be in the senders list.

Unrelated: Book/Paper Recommendations
So far, I've come across about twenty sample books I didn't care for, or were poorly transferred to the Kindle format. I have a few I like, and I'd like to share.
  • Warrior Soul: The Memoir of a Navy SEAL - by Chuck Pfarrer
  • SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper - by Stephen Templin and Howard E. Wasdin
  • USA Today

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
I bought my Kindle 2 with 3G connection at the beginning of last year, and I absolutely love it!    Not only does it give me access to so much reading material - much more than I ever could have had without it - but it's also my internet connection when I travel and it keeps me entertained with all those word and logic games available for it, too.  :)

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »
I wasn't able to get on yesterday or Saturday, but I'd like to wish my mom a happy birthday!  :wave:

I also needed to make an announcement about my website, for those who often visit.
We're in the middle of a lot of maintenance, with trying to get a new index page up and whatnot. For now, we have a generic index, and it will likely remain that way until I get my new index image finished and get everything ready. The Radar and Alerts pages will not change, along with our independent offices. Our forum is experiencing difficulties loading and producing images on other computers, so we are back on our default theme and in maintenance mode. It seems as if a lot is falling apart, but we're getting it all fixed.

If you'd like to view the radar or alerts, click below. We need error reports.

Anyways, who here thinks this system that is passing through FL/GA/AL is really a TD/TS? I know that I do...

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: October 10, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »
I have joined a weather group known as Storm Team. Depending on your area, you create a Storm Team for your area. We currently have one for Southlake, TX (Dallas); Decatur, TX; (Fort Worth); Dublin, GA (Atlanta); and of course Southaven, MS (Memphis). If you would like to join, PM me and I will pass the word along!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/memphisstorm1
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/memphisstorm1
Website: http://www.memphisstormteam.wordpress.com (Under Construction)

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: October 10, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
I just hopped into my cPanel. GR3 and Interwarn use a load of bandwidth.
FTP from both were 1.41gB for the total month of October (OCT 1 at 12AM CT to present minute).
FTP from both were 1.64gB for the total month of September (unsure dates, about 15).

My HTTP usage for the main site was only 6.89mB for this total month, with the barebones index. HTTP for last month was 87.69mB.

Total usage for this month has been 1486.79mB and counting.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
Anyways, who here thinks this system that is passing through FL/GA/AL is really a TD/TS? I know that I do...

I don't, because the invest is lacking in tropical characteristics. Just looks like a tropical low pressure system to me.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »

I don't, because the invest is lacking in tropical characteristics. Just looks like a tropical low pressure system to me.

Now, I agree, but earlier and last night I really thought I should have been named.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12822 on: October 10, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »
Hey there everyone. Dang, I haven't been on here in ages... so I decided to drop by. Hope everyone's going well and is having a good fall so far :thumbsup:

And neat about the Kindle. I've actually wanted one (I am not big into books), but I figured that I would enjoy them better with thousands of books to my disposal.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: October 10, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
Hey there everyone. Dang, I haven't been on here in ages... so I decided to drop by. Hope everyone's going well and is having a good fall so far :thumbsup:

And neat about the Kindle. I've actually wanted one (I am not big into books), but I figured that I would enjoy them better with thousands of books to my disposal.

Hi, Curt! Nice to have to you back on! How is life in Michigan?
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12824 on: October 10, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »

Hope everything is going well, Curt! B)  I haven't heard from you in a long while either.