July 02, 2024, 11:38:57 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327645 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12795 on: October 04, 2011, 02:49:39 AM »
Japanese.  I was watching a concert, and that was the title screen.  :)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: October 04, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »
Fire alarm number eight went off last night, at about 4 in the morning. Someone in our dorm finds it funny to pull the thing every Tuesday or Wednesday of the week, and anyone who knows who is doing it is not turning the person in. I never saw the dorm faculty, the firefighters, or the cops so livid last night.  :blink:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »
Welcome to my life during my freshman year of college... only the nightly fire alarms were on an almost nightly basis all throughout the year.  :(

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #12798 on: October 04, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »
Fire alarm number eight went off last night, at about 4 in the morning. Someone in our dorm finds it funny to pull the thing every Tuesday or Wednesday of the week, and anyone who knows who is doing it is not turning the person in. I never saw the dorm faculty, the firefighters, or the cops so livid last night.  :blink:
That's understandable. Who would be so childish and inconsiderate to do such a thing?
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: October 04, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »
It's not just inconsiderate and childish, it's illegal. A Class C felony, whatever that means.  :hammer:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #12800 on: October 04, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »

only 8? we've had over 20 fire alarms since aug 22 - imagine how residential staff feel when we have to respond to such situations.

it's not fun, especially when it is activated on the 10th floor of a high rise resident hall.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12801 on: October 04, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »
I'm thinking about moving to Wichita. There's something about the place that I really like

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #12802 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »

only 8? we've had over 20 fire alarms since aug 22 - imagine how residential staff feel when we have to respond to such situations.

it's not fun, especially when it is activated on the 10th floor of a high rise resident hall.

speaking of which, shortly after I posted this -- the fire alarm was activated =O, damn hair straightners  <_<

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12803 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »
For those who like to keep up on the newest Fall TV shows, we have our first casualty, "The Playboy Club" which was cancelled from NBC after 3 episodes due to low ratings and amid a lot of controversy revolving around the show's concept.
http://tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/773/photos/1?nc

EDIT: While mentioning Fall TV shows in trouble, The Simpson may be in limbo with FOX to be cancelled over yet another salary dispute, FOX is asking the voice actors to cut their pay by nearly half (45%) of what they are making now. If no deal is made soon, the show will abruptly end in Spring 2012. That is outrageous imo. They volunteered to give up 30%, why be greedy and ask for more? <_<
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-the-simpsons--no-more--voice-actors--studio-have-a-cow-over-salaries.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:03:00 AM by Weatherlover »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: October 05, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
I've been living in North Jersey for a little over a month now and I notice that I'm starting to pick up a New York accent (commonly heard in north jersey) now. Whenever I say "coffee" , "hot dog" or "walk", I pronounce it as "cawwfee, hot dawwg or 'wawwk'. I don't remember speaking words like that. I'm puzzled - do you just pick up accents naturally?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12805 on: October 05, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »
It amazes me how people from Northern NJ, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Brooklyn all have that accent, yet no one on Manhattan does  :blink:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: October 05, 2011, 04:39:34 PM »
I've been living in North Jersey for a little over a month now and I notice that I'm starting to pick up a New York accent (commonly heard in north jersey) now. Whenever I say "coffee" , "hot dog" or "walk", I pronounce it as "cawwfee, hot dawwg or 'wawwk'. I don't remember speaking words like that. I'm puzzled - do you just pick up accents naturally?

I think they do. I've only been here for two months and my "O" is sounding more and more like a "U." Which is actually awesome, seeing that I love northern accents.  :bleh:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: October 05, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
It amazes me how people from Northern NJ, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Brooklyn all have that accent, yet no one on Manhattan does  :blink:
I think you have it the opposite way, lol. The accents all sound very similar, except the Brooklyn accent is more distinct and thicker than those from Manhattan and the other places you mentioned. We pronounce our "er's" as "a's". Brooklynites speak it with more force. Another reason why I think I'm having this accent is because most of the people living in the area speak with a New York accent, and so do my professors. My math professor (who I talk to to the most considering my love for math...) speaks with a heavy New York accent and I'm basically forced to listen to everything she says so I can understand the concepts and skills in class. So, in a way I have not only learned the concepts that she has showed me but her accent, too. :P

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12808 on: October 05, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
It's a known fact that you will pick up accents of the region if you stay there long enough.  Younger people will pick these up faster as well.  You're trying to fit in with everyone in your area, so you will subconsciously try to mimic what you hear.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12809 on: October 05, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Going back & forth from EC & Mexicali, I've picked up a Mexican accent...right now my accent is sluggish between English and Spanish. If you heard my voice right now, you could tell.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.