July 02, 2024, 11:16:40 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327614 times)

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12765 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
True, but I still don't understand why the teacher had to be unfair and give only me a demerit, and not her... Better than hearing her explain everything  :blink:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12766 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
True, but I still don't understand why the teacher had to be unfair and give only me a demerit, and not her... Better than hearing her explain everything  :blink:
Austin, perhaps your other classmates have complained to the teacher about you always telling on others.  It's not your job to tell your classmates what to do even if they are wrong.  You're overstepping your boundaries here in class.  It's up to the teacher to call out on those that are doing something wrong as he or she has the authority over you and your classmates.  If you have a problem with how things are being handled, wait until after the end of class to politely talk to the teacher in private about the situation.  Remember, you're interrupting class as well when you call out the teacher to make the girl stop talking during the middle of a lesson.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #12767 on: September 30, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
I agree with the few that say cell phones should not be used in schools.  As Tyler said, you are there to learn.  It is very distracting when someone is sitting there texting away in the middle of a lecture.

On another note, I begin forecasting the weather for the school's newscast next Wednesday.  Did a dry run last week and it went well.  Downside: makeup. And I only get to do it twice a month.  Better than nothing.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12768 on: September 30, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
Congratulations!  That's what I did every day for seven years... without makeup.  Boy, those studio lights do make a person look tired.  And old.  And cranky.  Or maybe it's just a natural reaction from sitting under such hot lights.  :)

Do you get a map?  Graphics of any kind?  I had a map, graphics, a clicker... the whole nine yards.  Granted, it was difficult before they got me a clip-on mic... having to hold the microphone in one hand and the clicker in the other, I had to resort to writing my notes on a cue card just so I could keep track of everything.  :)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
Congratulations, wxmediafan! I'm doing the same thing, working the Wednesday shifts for our weather show. We have a green screen, the cameras, the lights, the graphics, the soundboard, and everything else. And we have a team of 2 (which is what I'm on) making the on-show graphics on TruVu. I'm slowly getting better at working with WSI, but it's not an easy program to learn.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: September 30, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »
Congratulations, wxmediafan! I'm doing the same thing, working the Wednesday shifts for our weather show. We have a green screen, the cameras, the lights, the graphics, the soundboard, and everything else. And we have a team of 2 (which is what I'm on) making the on-show graphics on TruVu. I'm slowly getting better at working with WSI, but it's not an easy program to learn.

I learned a bit about using WSI the day I visited WTVY. Interesting and awesome system.

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #12771 on: October 01, 2011, 11:11:45 AM »
I'm looking back at some home weather forecasts I made in early 2010...and I sounded just like Paul Kocin TBH. :P

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: October 01, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »
Guess who got his first driving... lesson today?

You know who.

I know - welcome to hell.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: October 02, 2011, 02:16:45 AM »
Floppy music DUO - Imperial march

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12774 on: October 02, 2011, 03:37:10 AM »

You know who.

It can be scary at first, but you'll get the hang of it soon. Keep practicing, and you'll be fine.

brb showing this to my pair because I can xD

This looks so amazing. :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12775 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
The cell phone/electronics policy at my school seems rather lax now, except for the consequences. You can have them with you, and you can even use them during lunch, before and after school, and during passing periods. However, you can only make phone calls in the first floor during lunch and after school. Electronics can't be used in the classrooms without permission, and if your phone goes off during class, you'll get a Saturday School, and will get the device confiscates until a parent picks it up.
Seems like a fair compromise!

Is it me... or are schools these days are getting stricter and stricter with their policies?   :blink:

Also, hi guys. Just visiting. :P
Hey Ana! Hope you have been well :)

Cell phones don't belong in school. They should be off at all times. You are there to learn.

They should never be allowed on in the classroom but I think using them in the hallway or at lunch is ok!

Agreed. Most common vehicle/method for cheating.
Is it really though? It seems a lot easier and less suspicious to lean over and look at someones answers. I find it hard to believe a teacher couldn't figure it out. Its pretty obvious when someone is staring at their pants texting or googling a question. :P

For those of you who are in classes with those who are cheating just know that you are actually learning the material and are smarter than the others. You can't get through life or school cheating forever. At some point it will catch up with them

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12776 on: October 02, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »

Epicness :P

You know who.

Yay!!! I still love driving. The thrill of it hasn't warn off yet except for those nasty traffic jams. Hopefully that isn't too bad for your area. It seems a lot harder at first then it really is. You catch on quick!

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: October 02, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

You know who.

Yay!!! I still love driving. The thrill of it hasn't warn off yet except for those nasty traffic jams. Hopefully that isn't too bad for your area. It seems a lot harder at first then it really is. You catch on quick!

I live in a primarily rural/small urban city area, the only time I would really run into crud is being in Dothan which I have promised myself I will not go near unless it is after 9am but not during 11am-1pm and after 5pm with the exception of after 7pm. Jeeze, thinking about it makes me paranoid.

I've only got about 51 weeks before I can take my permit test  :rofl: lol

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: October 02, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
51 weeks? thats equivalent  to a year just about, so idk how you can drive now without a permit... :blink:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12779 on: October 02, 2011, 10:41:12 PM »
Austin, I've found that practice and experience are the best tools available to you when learning how to drive.  I've already had to deal with driving beside farm tractors in the middle of nowhere to crazy city traffic in New York.  You'll learn a lot as you go, but it'll all be worth the hassle to get that license.