June 30, 2024, 02:23:00 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1326878 times)

phw115wvwx

Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14115 on: March 09, 2013, 04:11:20 AM »
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour tonight to spring forward to Daylight Saving Time!

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14116 on: March 09, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »
DST is meh to me.  :noexpression:  I would rather have light in the morning instead of at night, but that's just me.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: March 09, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour tonight to spring forward to Daylight Saving Time!

Thanks for the reminder, Patrick! :D  I like the start of Savings Time, as the later daylight puts me in the mood for spring and summer, but I hate losing that hour of sleep during the change.  And having it happen this weekend really wasn't the best time for me.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14118 on: March 09, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
Like Andy, I'm really looking forward to spring and summer now that the days are getting longer, but I wish I didn't have to lose an hour of sleep  :(
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14119 on: March 09, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »
Looking forward to it. Can't stand the early sunsets :thumbdown:, which set as early as 4:25pm during winter. I don't care about it being light or dark in the morning. Having an extra hour in the evening is great, because it give you more time to enjoy the day, be outside and enjoy the sunshine. The sun starts setting around 6:55pm as of tomorrow with civil twilight going to 7:22pm. Love it!!!  :dance:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: March 09, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
I would normally complain about losing an hour of sleep, but seeing I'm on spring break and I can sleep as long as I want to, that really doesn't matter anymore.  :biggrin:
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14121 on: March 09, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
I wish we could either stay on DST or off DST for the entire year without having these transitions.  Studies have already shown that tomorrow's change of losing an hour leads to an increased risk of heart attacks and many other bad things:

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/daylight-savings-time-heart-attack-sleep-deprivation-Monday-morning-blues/2013/03/08/id/493832

Since I know no one would want UTC as the official time zone of the United States as midnight and noon in UTC would not match the rhythm of our days and nights, do you think we should be on DST all the time or never at all?

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #14122 on: March 09, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »
Happy meteorological spring! Looking forward to skipping over to the Front Porch in a few weeks.  :thrilled:
I am looking forward to switching to the Front Porch in less than two week, as well.  :thrilled: :happy:
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #14123 on: March 09, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »
Like Andy, I'm really looking forward to spring and summer now that the days are getting longer, but I wish I didn't have to lose an hour of sleep  :(
Just go to bed an hour early. That's what I do. :)

Sorry for the back-to-back posts. I know it's annoying. :wall:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:48:07 PM by TWCC_Lightning »
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14124 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »
Sorry for the back-to-back posts. I know it's annoying. :wall:
Why not just put both replies that you want to answer in one post instead of making two separate posts? :dunno:  It would be a lot better.  Look how I do it in my post here, and I would recommend other members to do the same to avoid the back-to-back posts.

I have a quick question for everybody: Is it possible to sync music with Windows Media Player on one computer onto an MP3 player that has music that was synced with WMP on another computer?  :unsure:  I wanted to try this out with my player later but I thought I'd ask first before I try.
I would think it's possible, but I've never tried it before.

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14125 on: March 09, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
I have a quick question for everybody: Is it possible to sync music with Windows Media Player on one computer onto an MP3 player that has music that was synced with WMP on another computer?  :unsure:  I wanted to try this out with my player later but I thought I'd ask first before I try.
I would think it's possible, but I've never tried it before.

I did give it a try this morning with WMP, but sadly, it didn't work  :no:  So, instead, I used Windows Explorer to copy MP3s I wanted on my player that were on on my PC (most of the music came from my laptop.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:29:48 PM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14126 on: March 10, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
Welcome to DST!  Hope everyone did alright with the transition.

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14127 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
Welcome to DST!  Hope everyone did alright with the transition.

All went well on my end  :yes:  I got about 9 hours of sleep last night, which is normal for me. I never needed that one lost hour to sleep anyway  :P
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: March 11, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
I wish we could either stay on DST or off DST for the entire year without having these transitions.  Studies have already shown that tomorrow's change of losing an hour leads to an increased risk of heart attacks and many other bad things:

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/daylight-savings-time-heart-attack-sleep-deprivation-Monday-morning-blues/2013/03/08/id/493832

Since I know no one would want UTC as the official time zone of the United States as midnight and noon in UTC would not match the rhythm of our days and nights, do you think we should be on DST all the time or never at all?
I think they should just move the time switch to Saturday mornings. Gives us an extra night to readjust our sleep schedule before the work week starts. :P

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: March 11, 2013, 06:56:51 PM »

That's actually a pretty difficult question to answer.  I guess it depends on whether you like light earlier in the morning, or light later at night.  If, hypothetically, we started never changing the clocks, then it would take some time getting used to (for me, anyway), as I am always used to it being darker earlier in wintertime and darker later in the spring/summer/fall.  (The mornings don't really matter to me, but I may be changing my mind when I get a job that has me work early in the morning. :P)