April 26, 2024, 07:53:14 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1302413 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13830 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
They look like it.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13831 on: December 04, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »

This is the true spirit of Christmas... Being thankful for what you already have in your life. Back in October, my mother collapsed on the floor unable to get up. No amount of effort on mine or my dad's part could get my mom up and back in to her room. We called an ambulance, she was taken to the hospital. That night, she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, with damage to her liver and spleen. The damage to her heart is unrepairable. She, unfortunately, is a smoker and has diabetes and neuropathy (damaged/dead nerves) thus is not capable of being a candidate for a new heart if this were to ever come to light. Over the course of the past few months, she has started to lose the ability to walk. She can sort of walk, but only with a walker and one of us (me or my dad) being with her incase she falls. I am truly thankful that I still have time with my mom, as we do not know how much longer we have with her. I, as well as her, are taking things one day at a time and we are working through our own rehabilitation to hopefully regain full control of her walking abilities.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13832 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:43 AM »

This is the true spirit of Christmas... Being thankful for what you already have in your life. Back in October, my mother collapsed on the floor unable to get up. No amount of effort on mine or my dad's part could get my mom up and back in to her room. We called an ambulance, she was taken to the hospital. That night, she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, with damage to her liver and spleen. The damage to her heart is unrepairable. She, unfortunately, is a smoker and has diabetes and neuropathy (damaged/dead nerves) thus is not capable of being a candidate for a new heart if this were to ever come to light. Over the course of the past few months, she has started to lose the ability to walk. She can sort of walk, but only with a walker and one of us (me or my dad) being with her incase she falls. I am truly thankful that I still have time with my mom, as we do not know how much longer we have with her. I, as well as her, are taking things one day at a time and we are working through our own rehabilitation to hopefully regain full control of her walking abilities.
Jesse, I'm very sorry to hear that about your mother. It's never easy when your loved ones take a turn like that (my grandmother did a few months back). I hope the months ahead are easier for you, as I'm sure they will be a bit tough. Best wishes.   :(

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13833 on: December 04, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Jesse. I am praying for her to get better soon. My mom herself is also a diabetic and has to deal with kidney failure and severe nerve issues so this hits me personally too. I can't even fathom the thought of losing her so hang in there my friend. If you need someone to talk just send me a PM. At least your mom is not miserable is she? I think the best case is for her to be as comfortable as she can be at this point

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13834 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »
Jesse, I really hope things get better for you and your mom.  With regards to Christmas, the idea of giving should be something you do out of your heart toward the people you care about most.  We all agree that this holiday is way too commercialized.  Sometimes, the best gifts don't have a price tag on them.  In your case, being there for your mom and giving her time and support is perhaps the best Christmas gift she could ask here.  Holidays really set a standard that are almost too ideal for everyone.  We need to step back and be grateful for what we have and to show hope and love toward the people we care about most.  Good luck, Jesse!

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #13835 on: December 04, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
I am not liking this warm weather here in December. I want it to be cold and feel like Christmas, like it did 2 years ago in 2010. I am hoping and praying for it.
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: December 05, 2012, 01:08:09 AM »
I am not liking this warm weather here in December. I want it to be cold and feel like Christmas, like it did 2 years ago in 2010. I am hoping and praying for it.

Please, take mine. We didn't get above 20 today and our temperatures should fall below 0 late week with another arctic blast.  :brr: Frankly, I can't wait to get back in the south and enjoy some warmth.
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13837 on: December 05, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »
Please, take mine. We didn't get above 20 today and our temperatures should fall below 0 late week with another arctic blast.  :brr: Frankly, I can't wait to get back in the south and enjoy some warmth.
I could have given you my weather from a few days ago.  This record high occurred in my area on December 3:

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE IN ROANOKE TODAY WAS 73 DEGREES...WHICH IS A
NEW RECORD FOR THE DATE. THE OLD RECORD WAS 70 DEGREES SET IN 1943.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13838 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:22 PM »
Anybody have any rain to spare? :( That's what I want, I don't care if it's warm or cold to go along with it.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
There's a slight chance for rain and snow down here Sunday night. :blink:  Originally the models had blizzard-like conditions for us next week; I don't think (and certainly hope) that's not going to happen, as I have finals next week.  And supposedly, if the campus is closed during finals week and we can't take them, then we would have to take them after Christmas break.  Yikes!

Mac, too bad our five consecutive days of 70+ degree temps didn't make it up your way.  If only I could send you the 60s we're enjoying now.  I know it's December and almost winter, but I'm not looking forward to the forecasted high of 41 degrees come Monday.  (Yes, I know that's probably a warm front to some of you, but I'm from the south! :P )

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #13840 on: December 05, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
Anybody have any rain to spare? :( That's what I want, I don't care if it's warm or cold to go along with it.
Same down here. There has been no measurable rain since Election Day.  :blink:
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13841 on: December 05, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
Same down here. There has been no measurable rain since Election Day.  :blink:

We're over 14 inches in the hole and Atlanta's main water supply (besides the Chattahoochee River) Lake Lanier is suffering. We have a LOT of ground to make up from not only this year, but last year as well. :( I was really counting on this El Nino to pull through, but instead it decided to punk out on us. :angry:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: December 06, 2012, 01:23:40 AM »
There's a slight chance for rain and snow down here Sunday night. :blink:  Originally the models had blizzard-like conditions for us next week; I don't think (and certainly hope) that's not going to happen, as I have finals next week.  And supposedly, if the campus is closed during finals week and we can't take them, then we would have to take them after Christmas break.  Yikes!

Mac, too bad our five consecutive days of 70+ degree temps didn't make it up your way.  If only I could send you the 60s we're enjoying now.  I know it's December and almost winter, but I'm not looking forward to the forecasted high of 41 degrees come Monday.  (Yes, I know that's probably a warm front to some of you, but I'm from the south! :P )

The pattern right now is very similar to last year around the same time, which is probably very frustrating for those of you on the East Coast, who are getting slightly warmer temperatures and mild ridging over your area. The colder air continues to remain to the north and west - and even then, it's not as cold as it should be. Hopefully the pattern will change later in the season, but for many of us winter is off to a disappointing start.  :club:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: December 06, 2012, 01:26:11 AM »

The pattern right now is very similar to last year around the same time, which is probably very frustrating for those of you on the East Coast, who are getting slightly warmer temperatures and mild ridging over your area. The colder air continues to remain to the north and west - and even then, it's not as cold as it should be. Hopefully the pattern will change later in the season, but for many of us winter is off to a disappointing start.  :club:

Well, winter hasn't officially started yet...that's not for a couple more weeks. :P  But, oh my gosh, I just remembered: the world will be ending then! :o  Shoot!  Well, I guess we won't get a true winter after all...

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:14 AM »

Well, winter hasn't officially started yet...that's not for a couple more weeks. :P  But, oh my gosh, I just remembered: the world will be ending then! :o  Shoot!  Well, I guess we won't get a true winter after all...

Not on the standard calendar, no. On the meteorological calendar, winter started on Saturday.  ;) Then again, I've been known for being technical. :P
Tiddlywinks.