July 07, 2024, 06:51:24 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1330400 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13485 on: February 11, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
We saw some flurries this morning, with a temperature of 28 and a wind chill of 19.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13486 on: February 11, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
:offtopic:

BUT...
Welcome to the 900s in the PBS! :dance:  (that is, assuming you have the default setting of 15 pages per topic. :P)

It's always fun to reach another milestone.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #13487 on: February 11, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
Whitney Houston has died!!!!!!  :cry3: :o
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13488 on: February 11, 2012, 11:38:28 PM »
Laugh if you must, but I had on about 9 or 10 layers this morning when going to my Saturday morning class at college.
You should have tried launching a weather balloon in this cold wind, which I did this evening with help from another forecaster.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13489 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Some very cool pictures I caught this afternoon of sunlight being refracted! :biggrin:

I'm not sure what this first one would be called, but it features a lone cirrus cloud that had different colors of the rainbow around its perimeter. The second one is a sun dog with full color spectrum. And finally, the third image is a circumzenithal arc that isn't fully vibrant.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13490 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »
Great Pictures Zach! What kind of camera do you use?

Also it looks like we may see some winter precip early this morning. Here is a graphic displaying. I don't expect any accumulations nor does the NWS so no travel will be effected other than wet roads possibly.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13491 on: February 14, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
My dad and I are planning to go to Montreal either by the end of June or early July to see the Montreal International Jazz Festival and the Fireworks Display Competition. Chris Botti, Dave Brubeck, Strunz and Farah, and many other artists are going to be there. I really can't wait, this will be the first jazz festival that I've ever attended. On top of that, Montreal is an amazing place. It is a large city yet it has that small old town feeling. The fireworks display by the St. Lawrence River are surely something to not miss. I am looking forward to the 8 hour road trip, too. :P I'm planning  to stop at either the Finger Lakes or Lake Placid while en route to Montreal  B)

Anyone familiar with any areas? How are the roads? I'd be driving for half of the trip so I'm sure the scenery will be there.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13492 on: February 14, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
My dad and I are planning to go to Montreal either by the end of June or early July to see the Montreal International Jazz Festival and the Fireworks Display Competition. Chris Botti, Dave Brubeck, Strunz and Farah, and many other artists are going to be there. I really can't wait, this will be the first jazz festival that I've ever attended. On top of that, Montreal is an amazing place. It is a large city yet it has that small old town feeling. The fireworks display by the St. Lawrence River are surely something to not miss. I am looking forward to the 8 hour road trip, too. :P I'm planning  to stop at either the Finger Lakes or Lake Placid while en route to Montreal  B)

Anyone familiar with any areas? How are the roads? I'd be driving for half of the trip so I'm sure the scenery will be there.

No, I'm afraid not, but it sounds like it will be an interesting trip. I hope you have lots of fun once you go there. :happy: I wish I had the privilege and convenience to go on road trips whenever I want to. Gettin' kinda tired of being in A-Town these days.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13493 on: February 14, 2012, 10:43:17 PM »

The fact that you're driving into that region during the summer is a big help.  Most of the roads in upstate NY should be okay for you.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: February 14, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »

The fact that you're driving into that region during the summer is a big help.  Most of the roads in upstate NY should be okay for you.
Are they dangerous? I'm familiar with Canada - I've driven through Toronto last year but not in the more rural parts of upstate NY/lower Quebec.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13495 on: February 14, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »
Are they dangerous? I'm familiar with Canada - I've driven through Toronto last year but not in the more rural parts of upstate NY/lower Quebec.
I think they're fine.  You just need to watch for tourists and wildlife.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: February 15, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »
I drive the speed limit. If you don't like it, call a cop! :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13497 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:18 AM »
I drive the speed limit. If you don't like it, call a cop! :P
Like the actual speed limit? :P I always go at least 5 over in the city and 10 over on the interstate.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: February 15, 2012, 02:53:31 AM »
Kia Ora, bros! (Maori for "Hello, My Good Friends")

Hope everyone is doing well. I certainly am, as I just finished walking 34 miles in 3 days. My feet are killing me, but I'm happy. I'm writing more about it in the blog, which is further back in this thread. Feel free to read it if you want; I've got some good pictures to show.

I heard about the snowstorm a while ago; I'm jealous. :P It's been in the 70s, windy, and sunny every day here in Milford Sound, which is quite odd, seeing how this place gets rain about 200 days a year. Average yearly rainfall stands around 360 inches.  :blink:

You'll hear from me again in about a week. Hope the rest of your week goes well! :D

Tiddlywinks.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: February 15, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Like the actual speed limit? :P I always go at least 5 over in the city and 10 over on the interstate.
Even in Virginia? I heard they are strict about the speed limits there lol.

I always go the speed limit or only slightly above (no more than 2-3) in the city. On highways I just go with the general flow of traffic, which is usually 5-10 above.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:02:23 PM by Mike M »