July 07, 2024, 06:50:40 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1330398 times)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13470 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:50 PM »
This will be my last post for a while until I get into another place with secure internet, but my trip overseas is starting tomorrow. I will be in Los Angeles a few days before I officially leave, but this will probably be the last time you hear from me for about a week.

I will be keeping a (nearly) daily journal, if anyone is interested.

http://outbackodyssey.tumblr.com/

Hope everyone has a restful spring. Maybe winter will finally come for some of you.
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13471 on: February 04, 2012, 01:20:39 AM »
This will be my last post for a while until I get into another place with secure internet, but my trip overseas is starting tomorrow. I will be in Los Angeles a few days before I officially leave, but this will probably be the last time you hear from me for about a week.

I will be keeping a (nearly) daily journal, if anyone is interested.

http://outbackodyssey.tumblr.com/

Hope everyone has a restful spring. Maybe winter will finally come for some of you.

Have a great time in Australia!  You'll be seeing and experiencing things that many of us will never see in our lives, so take full advantage of your opportunity. :yes:

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: February 05, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
An interesting read from CNN. While the most of the US enjoys a mild winter, Europe has been suffering. 39 inches of snow near Rome, Italy, making it one of the worst winters since 1956. Heathrow in London has cancelled half its flights. Read about it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/05/travel/europe-cold-snap/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13473 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
Something on radar. I think this would be the front moving down. I've been seeing some amazing colored clouds outside my window as a backdoor coldfront moves down from the north. The line of clouds has really taken 2 hours or more to even move across the horizon to where I can see the bottoms of them and appear to be moving much slower now.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13474 on: February 06, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »
Either the calendar is messed up, or July became the second month of the year! :blink:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:50:25 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #13475 on: February 06, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
Either the calendar is messed up, or July became the second month of the year! :blink:
I was wondering that too. TPA set a record high of 84, and then there where late afternoon thuderstorms, with a SE flow!  It was like we had summertime pattern in Feburary!  :wacko: :blink:
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13476 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
Did anyone have a favorite commercial from the Super Bowl this year?  It only cost about $3.5 million for 30 seconds this year. :P  I'll admit that they were much better a decade ago, but I'd probably have to pick the one with the Doritos dog telling his owner that he didn't see anything from this year's group of commercials.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: February 08, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
Did anyone have a favorite commercial from the Super Bowl this year?  It only cost about $3.5 million for 30 seconds this year. :P  I'll admit that they were much better a decade ago

Am I the only person who thinks that's an obscene waste of money?  And... pretty much all television was better a decade ago.  And things were pretty bad then, too.  :)

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13478 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:37 AM »
Did anyone have a favorite commercial from the Super Bowl this year?  It only cost about $3.5 million for 30 seconds this year. :P  I'll admit that they were much better a decade ago, but I'd probably have to pick the one with the Doritos dog telling his owner that he didn't see anything from this year's group of commercials.

I like the Budweiser commercials every year because of the Clydesdale horses. They really got me on the 9/11 commercial they aired.

9/11 Budweiser Clydesdale's Tribute best ever HD

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #13479 on: February 09, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
It's about time the Sheriff's Office and BNY Mellon kicked out the Occupy Pittsburgh protesters. That whole movement is a joke
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/09/authorities-scour-park-after-departure-of-occupy-protesters/

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »
The browser wars continue: Google Chrome 17 was released yesterday. One noticeable change is that the new tabs button no longer has the '+' in it.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13481 on: February 11, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Another snow upset. I thought we would at least get 2" but the temperatures are just too warm. An inch has already fallen but only looks like a dusting because of the melting; once it hits the concrete, roads, dirt, it melts.  :thumbdown:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
For those of you who liked my CC screen idea, I have gone to the full extent to modify as much of the parsed data as possible, from modifying the wind string to detect calm winds, to shortening the direction strings so it fits all in one line, and to adding support for gusts and detection of heat index/wind chill.. all so that it actually looks like what an IntelliStar would put out! B)

With the accomplishments I have made, work on my CC Screen v2 is officially over, thus I have decided to release its source code here for those wanting to know all the work to generate the final outputted image it makes! :biggrin:

Attached below is a preview of the final version. :) Who knows if I'm gonna make a v3 version of the screen? maybe when the next SD STAR comes out.. :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:25:25 PM by Zach »

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13483 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »
Looking good, Zach!

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13484 on: February 11, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »
I didn't want to post this in the What's the Weather Like In Your Area thread, so I'll post it here. Laugh if you must, but I had on about 9 or 10 layers this morning when going to my Saturday morning class at college.

I had on
-A skull cap
-Trapper hat on top of the skull cap
-T-shirt
-Long sleeve shirt
-Hoodie
-A Peacoat on top of the hoodie
-Gloves
-Long Johns
-Lastly my ripped jeans and Timberland boots

I started to put on a pair of pajamas on top of the Long Johns also. The only thing missing was a scarf because I don't have one, but if I did I would have thrown that on too. :P

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA