July 02, 2024, 11:09:17 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327599 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13305 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
I know. Right now I have the 4000 because another cable company took over our (now previous one), and we don't like them and our bill is sky-high, so we're switching to DirecTV on Saturday. I love the 4000, and that is really the only thing I'll miss from this cable company. It is actually the unit I grew up with!
What about the Ozark XL though? Is that at a different place?

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13306 on: January 09, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
I know. Right now I have the 4000 because another cable company took over our (now previous one), and we don't like them and our bill is sky-high, so we're switching to DirecTV on Saturday. I love the 4000, and that is really the only thing I'll miss from this cable company. It is actually the unit I grew up with!
What about the Ozark XL though? Is that at a different place?

The company we just had (4000) I believe is getting the XL.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13307 on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:10 AM »
Love this new local news promo:

Great promo!  And you guys have Courtney Brennan.  She used to be here in my market.  I miss watching her reports.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: January 10, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
How can I connect my tuner to my STB? Can I just connect the cable or do I have to have the box to decode the signal?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13309 on: January 10, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
How can I connect my tuner to my STB? Can I just connect the cable or do I have to have the box to decode the signal?
What is your tuner model? Are you able to use S-Video and or Composite cables with it?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13310 on: January 10, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
Just took a glance at the latest GFS run, I saw something crazy. Now before I get criticized, I really don't think this will happen. The latest run shows a sub-tropical low forming over the Bahamas and moving up the east coast. Now for a sub-tropical low to form around this time of year isn't all too rare. In fact, they have affected the east coast during the winter before. The Blizzard of 2006 was a sub-tropical low when it formed, then it hit an arctic front to the north, making more extra-tropical. This is also why the storm was debated whether it was tropical or not, because the storm formed a perfect eye, very similar that of a major hurricane. Although this model run doesn't show an arctic front. I don't believe this will happen, but hey, you can't rule it out!
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
Got a death threat today from the people I was threatened by before. Gave all of the previous threats to local police, going to FBI now.

@skywarnal were shall we meet? And yes let's meat at ozark walmart 3 pm Saturday don't be there and ill kill you....

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »
I'd keep reporting that to the local police. The FBI is not obligated to look at your case since the crime is entirely within the jurisdiction of the state of Alabama. If you can prove the threat came from Florida or Georgia, or any other neighboring state, then you may have a shot at getting them involved, and even then, the FBI is limited to the types of cases they can accept. Long story short, the FBI is only going to be involved if it's an interstate issue.

My mother was a former FBI agent for Kansas City. :P She explained this to me back when I wanted to be one of those gang-busters the movies always portrayed.

EDIT: I'm wrong, nevermind. Any type of threat made over the internet that is considered illegal can be handled by the Bureau, since the agency does consider internet crimes "interstate." So, they may look at your case, but they're still not obligated to take it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:31:27 PM by plane852 »
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: January 10, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
Either way, they live in Georgia and drive to the Ozark area every weekend for custody with their mom. Both have been in juvie and went to Mt. Megs (correctional facility)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13314 on: January 10, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about these threats, Austin. This reminds me of the whole Keith Latteri fiasco a few years ago, if anybody remembers that. He gave me threats, like this one, and cussed me out regularly  We had to call the police, and when they went to his house in New Jersey, they found that he was a 10 year old kid.

It's funny, because they seem to be bashing you for your enthusiasm in weather, while most of their Tweets are about Justin Bieber.

While these threats shouldn't be taken lightly, most likely they are just trying to scare you.

Don't hesitate to PM me regarding this issue...remember, this has happened to me before, and I can help you get things sorted out. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:53:39 PM by Trevor »

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: January 10, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
Either way, they live in Georgia and drive to the Ozark area every weekend for custody with their mom. Both have been in juvie and went to Mt. Megs (correctional facility)

Ohhhh. Okay, well here's what I recommend you do: I'd go to the Ozark Police Department, or Dade County, or whatever, and file a report, and ask them to see if they can get your local FBI office involved (most likely they'll contact a regional office; they won't get the field office in Birmingham involved). That should get both the local authorities and the feds to deal with it. I hope this helps, Austin. I've gotten a few death threats of my own when I was in middle school, and had to deal with them accordingly.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: January 10, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »

Ohhhh. Okay, well here's what I recommend you do: I'd go to the Ozark Police Department, or Dade County, or whatever, and file a report, and ask them to see if they can get your local FBI office involved (most likely they'll contact a regional office; they won't get the field office in Birmingham involved). That should get both the local authorities and the feds to deal with it. I hope this helps, Austin. I've gotten a few death threats of my own when I was in middle school, and had to deal with them accordingly.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about these threats, Austin. This reminds me of the whole Keith Latteri fiasco a few years ago, if anybody remembers that. He gave me threats, like this one, and cussed me out regularly  We had to call the police, and when they went to his house in New Jersey, they found that he was a 10 year old kid.

It's funny, because they seem to be bashing you for your enthusiasm in weather, while most of their Tweets are about Justin Bieber.

While these threats shouldn't be taken lightly, most likely they are just trying to scare you.

Don't hesitate to PM me regarding this issue...remember, this has happened to me before, and I can help you get things sorted out. :)

I think I remember reading something about the Latteri incident before I joined the forum. I always hoped nothing of the same happened to me. I felt so awful for you and anyone who dealt with such things. I've gone to school with both of them before and they both choked me, about 5 minutes away from pure death. I couldn't breathe. We called the cops then but they both BS'd their way out of it. No witnesses. I got in trouble for it. Even with marks all over my neck. I'll message you the results on everything or if I need to talk to you about it.  :thumbsup:

What is your tuner model? Are you able to use S-Video and or Composite cables with it?

I have the latest HD Regular STB. Only connection I have is the cable in, AV Cables out, and HDMI out.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13317 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about these threats, Austin. This reminds me of the whole Keith Latteri fiasco a few years ago
What a coincidence, the person threatening Austin bears resemblance to Latteri... :rolleyes:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #13318 on: January 10, 2012, 10:12:24 PM »
Love this new local news promo:

Great promo!  And you guys have Courtney Brennan.  She used to be here in my market.  I miss watching her reports.

Yes I like her! She's originally from Pittsburgh.

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »
He have a Youtube video about "Latteri Productions?"