July 02, 2024, 11:46:12 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1327663 times)

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13290 on: January 07, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »
Posted by a CollegeHumor sister site:
Weather Channel Nostalgia Block

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13291 on: January 07, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
Ha. I'm not even going to go with TWC's predicted high today of 54°F when it's already 56°F, I'm going with high in the low to mid 60's.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13292 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
Ha. I'm not even going to go with TWC's predicted high today of 54°F when it's already 56°F, I'm going with high in the low to mid 60's.
NWS high for Islip is 59. IMO, TWC isnt the greatest source to get weather forecasts from.. they hype rain chances and temperature values big time.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
IMO, TWC isnt the greatest source to get weather forecasts from.. they hype rain chances and temperature values big time.

I feel exactly the same way.  TWC can brag as much as they want about being able to provide forecasts for all these US and international cities, but sometimes their information is far from accurate. :thinking:

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
So long, cable television! We now are proud owners of DirecTV service! I have a different app from what is in everyone's videos. I have something with a sidebar and the forecast to move through manually.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: January 07, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
So long, cable television! We now are proud owners of DirecTV service! I have a different app from what is in everyone's videos. I have something with a sidebar and the forecast to move through manually.
Are you watching during Local on the 8s and not pressing exit on the remote?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: January 07, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »
Are you watching during Local on the 8s and not pressing exit on the remote?

I figured it all out. I was pressing the red button and it brought up the sidebar. Working right now :)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »
Oh, that. In order to see what I (and others with DirecTV) post on our LF videos you have to watch during your Local on the 8s.. also, try not to respond to the pop up windows. :thumbsup:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: January 08, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »
Wow, this was an interesting morning for my parents.. at about 4 AM this morning, my brother called our house to say he needed them (my parents) to go get him. His location was I-75 NB just a few feet south of Florida State Highway 574 (Dr MLK Blvd to locals in the area). Some idiot abandoned a vehicle in the far right-hand lane of I-75, and another car didn't see it coming, so that car hit it. In the long run, the abandoned vehicle's bumper went loose into the roadway, and my brother couldn't avoid it, so his upper-right tire is now flat. :( My parents did not return home until another 2 hours, several police reports got filed, and my brother's vehicle got towed home via AAA service.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13299 on: January 08, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
Wow, this was an interesting morning for my parents.. at about 4 AM this morning, my brother called our house to say he needed them (my parents) to go get him. His location was I-75 NB just a few feet south of Florida State Highway 574 (Dr MLK Blvd to locals in the area). Some idiot abandoned a vehicle in the far right-hand lane of I-75, and another car didn't see it coming, so that car hit it. In the long run, the abandoned vehicle's bumper went loose into the roadway, and my brother couldn't avoid it, so his upper-right tire is now flat. :( My parents did not return home until another 2 hours, several police reports got filed, and my brother's vehicle got towed home via AAA service.

Wow. Hope everyone's alright and your brother's car gets fixed
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13300 on: January 08, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
Zach, that sounds rough for 4AM... Hope everything turns out better than it started.

I've had my share of bad luck this week. Thursday night I had to print a report for school that was several pages long. First thing, I put new ink in the printer and somehow it spills all over the place, then I have to clean it up. After that the printer is really low on ink, go figure, and I had to use what little was left of it. Then it jammed and started spitting out test papers galore and what was not printed last time from someone leaving it jammed. To top it all off, I knocked over a book shelf at 5AM and stubbed my toe. I wasn't have a good day to say the least.  :hammer:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13301 on: January 08, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »
Hope things get better for both of you, Zach and Donovan.  It's always rough after the holidays when reality wakes you up in the new year.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #13302 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:43 AM »
Love this new local news promo:

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: January 09, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »

Looks a lot better than my local promo.

That sounds awful! I can't wait until I drive. I'll take care of some people.

Zach, that sounds rough for 4AM... Hope everything turns out better than it started.

I've had my share of bad luck this week. Thursday night I had to print a report for school that was several pages long. First thing, I put new ink in the printer and somehow it spills all over the place, then I have to clean it up. After that the printer is really low on ink, go figure, and I had to use what little was left of it. Then it jammed and started spitting out test papers galore and what was not printed last time from someone leaving it jammed. To top it all off, I knocked over a book shelf at 5AM and stubbed my toe. I wasn't have a good day to say the least.  :hammer:

Don't feel bad! I had a research paper that was originally pushed back for me since I had to redo the project - then a substitute comes in and calls ME irresponsible, then tells me the due date is (today). I finish the 1000 word project in 3 days. Time to go retrieve it to print it. My computer saves things twice, so I have to find the second project. Guess what? This time, it didn't save it twice. It saved it once. I had to rewrite everything after the 150 word mark. Then printing came up. I was out of paper. Have an extra cartridge of ink (gonna help me a lot). Had to get paper. Now time to see if I can get more than a B+ on this paper done in less than 4 days.  :wacko:

Sounds like a lot of people had a crappy week. I feel for you guys! Gonna strive to make this a good week. I have an orthodontic appointment (tightening) Thursday, but I'm taking the day off. I might take the day off from everything, and just turn the radar and Tweetdeck off. Today and tomorrow is already getting severe. Received word about 10 minutes ago that somewhere in Louisiana is under a tornado warning.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #13304 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »
Speaking of which, the local Univisión station finally started broadcasting its newscast in HD last Wednesday. I was intending to take a clip, since I was able to see it in HD at my cousin's house, but since they had OTA TV, the signal kept crapping out. :hmm:
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper