July 04, 2024, 01:48:53 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1328816 times)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12975 on: November 15, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »
Wow, congratulations, Patrick!

Meanwhile, can we turn up the heat a little bit? I'm freezing up here! :P
Tiddlywinks.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12976 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
The forum stats say that I've been here for 1,000 days as of today. :blink:  Geez, time flies when you're having fun. :P

I never understand those stats.  Mine says I've been online for only 17 days.  Even if we count a "day" as 24 hours, I think I've been on here longer than that.  Who knows. :blink:  Congrats, though, Patrick.  I guess those admin duties are really keeping you busy. :P

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12977 on: November 16, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »
I never understand those stats.  Mine says I've been online for only 17 days.  Even if we count a "day" as 24 hours, I think I've been on here longer than that.  Who knows. :blink:  Congrats, though, Patrick.  I guess those admin duties are really keeping you busy. :P
I simply stated how long it's been since I registered here to come up with the 1,000 days.  However, you're talking about online time.  That's the total amount of time you have actually been online on the forum.  When you sign off, the clock stops and will not continue until you sign on again.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12978 on: November 16, 2011, 03:59:54 AM »
Meanwhile, can we turn up the heat a little bit? I'm freezing up here! :P
I am burning up :P It was in the mid 70s today

The forum stats say that I've been here for 1,000 days as of today. :blink:  Geez, time flies when you're having fun. :P
Wow congrats!!  :D

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12979 on: November 16, 2011, 07:22:03 AM »
I just want to cry. This week sucks. I wake up this morning to see that skywarnal.com is suspended due to overdue payment (in case, is not true, even the hosting provider says that I paid, their system is screwed up. A severe weather day. SKYWARNAL offline. Nobody from the hosting service online. I'm tired.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: November 16, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »
Huh? I looked at your stats and it says you've been online for 52 days :blink:

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »
Well, it was inevitable, but today my laptop finally committed suicide. All my USB ports simultaneously failed, my Wi-fi reciever off-lined itself, and now Windows refuses to bring me to the log-in page. I'm using my back up PC now.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
Huh? I looked at your stats and it says you've been online for 52 days :blink:

I think Patrick did some math; he looked at the day he registered and then figured that it had been 1000 days since then.  He hasn't truly been "online" for 1000 days. ;)

I just want to cry. This week sucks. I wake up this morning to see that skywarnal.com is suspended due to overdue payment (in case, is not true, even the hosting provider says that I paid, their system is screwed up. A severe weather day. SKYWARNAL offline. Nobody from the hosting service online. I'm tired.

Um, it looks fine to me. :unsure:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12983 on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
I think Patrick did some math; he looked at the day he registered and then figured that it had been 1000 days since then.  He hasn't truly been "online" for 1000 days. ;)
You are correct.  I've been a member for over 1,000 days, but I've only been on the site actively for over 52 days.  There's no way I could be online that long with all I have to do in real life. ;)

Sorry that your week has been terrible.  It looks like you got the site back up and running.  Try to focus more on what's happening in your real life, and you may find that things are still okay overall.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12984 on: November 17, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
Well, it was inevitable, but today my laptop finally committed suicide. All my USB ports simultaneously failed, my Wi-fi reciever off-lined itself, and now Windows refuses to bring me to the log-in page. I'm using my back up PC now.
That sucks! :(

Just one of the many issues with running a website. TWCT has been canned twice now I think for something like that. Thankfully it was quickly resolved without much interruption in service. Glad its back now

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: November 18, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
I am happy to announce that I completed my first solo flight today in Grand Forks. It was cold, and there was ice around the airport, but three landings and it was done.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12986 on: November 18, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
I am happy to announce that I completed my first solo flight today in Grand Forks. It was cold, and there was ice around the airport, but three landings and it was done.
You can fly aircraft? :huh:

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: November 18, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
You can fly aircraft? :huh:

It's a small little plane, not a jet, but yes. I'm training to be a pilot of unmanned aircraft, so I have to prove I can fly a manned aircraft.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12988 on: November 18, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »
I found these online. Haven't watched TWC lately.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12989 on: November 19, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Interesting... going around some Youtube videos and apparently if you had a clip of "Linus and Lucy" by Vince Guaraldi that was muted, they seem to be unmuted now. :blink:

IntelliStar - December 20, 2007 - 8:58pm

Local on the 8's, 12/19/09
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~