June 03, 2024, 08:26:50 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1315882 times)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12555 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
By the way, hello from Norman, OK.  I've made it through the flight just fine, and it's a warm sunny day here. B)

Oh my God, that town is the BEST! And the National Weather Center...man oh man, I could live in that place! Just hope that the weather doesn't become ironically bad while you're there.

On a sadder note, the consequences of all those snow days are finally hitting. Thankfully, our school has elected to not shorten breaks, but for two weeks, we are going to have every single class. The rings around my eyes are about to get a WHOLE lot darker.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:25:36 PM by plane852 »
Tiddlywinks.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12556 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »
By the way, hello from Norman, OK.  I've made it through the flight just fine, and it's a warm sunny day here. B)

Oh my God, that town is the BEST! And the National Weather Center...man oh man, I could live in that place! Just hope that the weather doesn't become ironically bad while you're there.

On a sadder note, the consequences of all those snow days are finally hitting. Thankfully, our school has elected to not shorten breaks, but for two weeks, we are going to have every single class. The rings around my eyes are about to get a WHOLE lot darker.

We only have to make up one day. Before the snow/ice in January we were supposed to be out this Friday and President's Day, but they took President's Day back for the makeup day. We got lucky to not get more than an inch of snow last week because that would have been a second day to make up.

I just got back from a trip to DC this morning. It was a fun few days but back to reality. Wow I can not believe how warm its going to get later this week! Where did winter go?

Probably plotting and waiting to make it's next sneak attack on us.  :P

Kyle, you can't underestimate the stupidity of some people.  There's far worse things that could be done in that department. :rolleyes:

So does this mean you'll be working there permanantly or is it just temporary? :dunno:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12557 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:44 PM »
So does this mean you'll be working there permanantly or is it just temporary? :dunno:
I'm just here until Friday afternoon for training, then I'll fly back home that evening.  I've already issued my first practice severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings during a simulation of the outbreak in TN on April 3, 2009.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12558 on: February 14, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »
I'm just here until Friday afternoon for training, then I'll fly back home that evening.  I've already issued my first practice severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings during a simulation of the outbreak in TN on April 3, 2009.

Sounds like a lot of fun...hope you are enjoying yourself, Patrick. :) I actually toured the National Weather Center not too long ago; it is indeed very neat. :yes:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
Sorry for double-posting but...

Are any of you getting that stupid virus that says "Warning! Your computer is at risk of malicious viruses, blah blah" and then starts a scan that's really a virus when you visit ImageShack.com? It's been happening to me EVERY single time I go to their website, so I guess I won't be using ImageShack to upload my photos anymore. :no: <_<

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12560 on: February 15, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »
Over the past few weeks, It seems that every other day, someone changes my Facebook Account password, then in my email there is a message about a password reset or something. Then about 10 min ago, I got a text message with a code to change my FB pw when I didn't request it. I had just changed my email pw. Anyone know how this happens. I am aware of virus's and keyloggers, but my computer doesn't have any of these on it when I scan for them. Its really making me P.O.-ed.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12561 on: February 15, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »

Are any of you getting that stupid virus that says "Warning! Your computer is at risk of malicious viruses, blah blah" and then starts a scan that's really a virus when you visit ImageShack.com? It's been happening to me EVERY single time I go to their website, so I guess I won't be using ImageShack to upload my photos anymore. :no: <_<
Im not getting any of that baloney although what Imageshack has done to piss me off is they disabled direct-linking to those without accounts.. >_>

Over the past few weeks, It seems that every other day, someone changes my Facebook Account password, then in my email there is a message about a password reset or something. Then about 10 min ago, I got a text message with a code to change my FB pw when I didn't request it. I had just changed my email pw. Anyone know how this happens. I am aware of virus's and keyloggers, but my computer doesn't have any of these on it when I scan for them. Its really making me P.O.-ed.
Someone probably figured out your password and went from there.. no keylogging/virus required.. also, are you in a public location and is your Wifi spot secured? (more preferably with WPA)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:01:23 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12562 on: February 15, 2011, 11:12:56 PM »

Im not getting any of that baloney although what Imageshack has done to piss me off is they disabled direct-linking to those without accounts.. >_>

Someone probably figured out your password and went from there.. no keylogging/virus required.. also, are you in a public location and is your Wifi spot secured? (more preferably with WPA)
I'm not in a public location, we do have a pw (yes WPA 2). My wifi only reaches a few hundred yards(100-200 maybe). Only my family lives around me, and most of they only know how to use basic functions of a computer, so I doubt its them doing it. Thanks for the help.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #12563 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:20 PM »

NEVER. EVER. EVER. Buy anything on Craigslist. Never.
Why? I buy and sell on Craigslist all the time. Awesome tool for getting rid of older electronics and video games.

Because I've had friends tell me they bought something from there and they got scammed. And since in the past two months that I've been watching too much Court TV shows, 99% of the cases are about buying stuff on Craigslist. 

I made a comeback to eBay and sold my books there (even the old ones that I was never able to sell). It's a lot safer there tbh.

You need to be careful. It's a scam that wants you to think you have a virus. I've been there before. Try Photobucket.

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12564 on: February 16, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
You need to be careful. It's a scam that wants you to think you have a virus. I've been there before. Try Photobucket.
My problem with PB is that theyve resized images even at 1280x720 on me and Imageshack didnt.. IS recently disabled direct linking to guests, Imagehost is close to shutting down (you cant upload anymore there), and Tinypic wipes images after a long while.. assuming PB doesnt resize images anymore Ill start fresh on a new account and go from there.. I may also search for some PHP codes to create an upload form for my server (and disperse file types so viruses in .exe files mainly dont upload) for you guys could use ;)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #12565 on: February 16, 2011, 10:24:28 PM »

NEVER. EVER. EVER. Buy anything on Craigslist. Never.
Why? I buy and sell on Craigslist all the time. Awesome tool for getting rid of older electronics and video games.

Because I've had friends tell me they bought something from there and they got scammed. And since in the past two months that I've been watching too much Court TV shows, 99% of the cases are about buying stuff on Craigslist. 

I made a comeback to eBay and sold my books there (even the old ones that I was never able to sell). It's a lot safer there tbh.

If you safeguard yourself on Craigslist (similar to how I would safeguard myself on Ebay), then you will have no problems on Craigslist.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12566 on: February 16, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »

I know. :yes: I've heard horrible stories from people who were tricked into downloading the virus. I'm just upset that it pops up EVERY time I open ImageShack, so I guess I'll try Photobucket or something else for uploading images now.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: February 17, 2011, 01:04:35 AM »

I know. :yes: I've heard horrible stories from people who were tricked into downloading the virus. I'm just upset that it pops up EVERY time I open ImageShack, so I guess I'll try Photobucket or something else for uploading images now.
Photobucket is a really slow website from what I've seen. Try not to use it if you can.

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12568 on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor